Population crash: prospects for famine in the twenty-first century
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vernon W. Ruttan, 2002.
"Productivity Growth in World Agriculture: Sources and Constraints,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 161-184, Fall.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2002. "Productivity Growth In World Agriculture: Sources And Constraints," Staff Papers 14176, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- David Pimentel & O. Bailey & P. Kim & E. Mullaney & J. Calabrese & L. Walman & F. Nelson & X. Yao, 1999. "Will Limits of the Earth's Resources Control Human Numbers?," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 19-39, March.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2007. "Making Famine History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 5-38, March.
- Larson, Bruce A. & Frisvold, George B., 1996. "Fertilizers to support agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa: what is needed and why," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 509-525, December.
- Bender, William H., 1994. "An end use analysis of global food requirements," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 381-395, August.
- Wackernagel, Mathis & Onisto, Larry & Bello, Patricia & Callejas Linares, Alejandro & Susana Lopez Falfan, Ina & Mendez Garcia, Jesus & Isabel Suarez Guerrero, Ana & Guadalupe Suarez Guerrero, Ma., 1999. "National natural capital accounting with the ecological footprint concept," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 375-390, June.
- Cassman, K. G. & Harwood, R. R., 1995. "The nature of agricultural systems: food security and environmental balance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 439-454, October.
- Gilland, Bernard, 2002. "World population and food supply: can food production keep pace with population growth in the next half-century?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 47-63, February.
- Harris, Jonathan M. & Kennedy, Scott, 1999. "Carrying capacity in agriculture: global and regional issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 443-461, June.
- Anthony Young, 1999. "Is there Really Spare Land? A Critique of Estimates of Available Cultivable Land in Developing Countries," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 3-18, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Grossman, 2012. "The importance of human population to sustainability," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 973-977, December.
- de Castro, Carlos & Mediavilla, Margarita & Miguel, Luis Javier & Frechoso, Fernando, 2013. "Global solar electric potential: A review of their technical and sustainable limits," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 824-835.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9842-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore P. Lianos & Anastasia Pseiridis, 2016. "Sustainable welfare and optimum population size," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(6), pages 1679-1699, December.
- Carnicer, Jofre & Peñuelas, Josep, 2012. "The world at a crossroads: Financial scenarios for sustainability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 611-617.
- Theodore Lianos, 2013. "The world budget constraint," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 1543-1553, December.
- Anastasia Pseiridis, 2012. "Hunger and the Externalities of Dietary Preferences: Demand-Side Considerations of the Current Dietary Paradigm," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23.
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo & Mediavilla, Margarita & de Castro, Carlos & Carpintero, Óscar & Miguel, Luis Javier, 2014. "Fossil fuel depletion and socio-economic scenarios: An integrated approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 641-666.
More about this item
KeywordsPerpetual famine; Population crash; Food security; Agriculture; Global warming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:12:y:2010:i:2:p:245-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.