Demographic Cycles, Cohort Size, and Earnings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark C. Berger, 1983. "Changes in Labor Force Composition and Male Earnings: A Production Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(2), pages 177-196.
- Rachel Connelly, 1986. "A Framework for Analyzing the Impact of Cohort Size on Education and Labor Earning," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 543-562.
- Stapleton, David C & Young, Douglas J, 1988. "Educational Attainment and Cohort Size," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(3), pages 330-361, July.
- Welch, Finis, 1979.
"Effects of Cohort Size on Earnings: The Baby Boom Babies' Financial Bust,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 65-97, October.
- Finis Welch, 1979. "Effects of Cohort Size on Earnings: The Baby Boom Babies' Financial Bust," UCLA Economics Working Papers 146, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Dooley, Martin D & Gottschalk, Peter, 1984. "Earnings Inequality among Males in the United States: Trends and the Effect of Labor Force Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 59-89, February.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979. "The Effect of Demographic Factors on Age-Earnings Profiles," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 289-318.
- Evangelos M. Falaris & H. Elizabeth Peters, "undated". "The Effect of the Demographic Cycle on Schooling and Entry Wages," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 85-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Wachter, Michael L & Wascher, William L, 1984. "Leveling the Peaks and Troughs in the Demographic Cycle: An Application to School Enrollment Rates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(2), pages 208-215, May.
- Martin D. Dooley, 1986. "The Overeducated Canadian? Changes in the Relationship among Earnings, Education, and Age for Canadian Men: 1971-81," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 142-159, February.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979. "The Effect of Demographic Factors on Age-Earnings Profiles," NBER Working Papers 0316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diane J. Macunovich, 1999.
"The fortunes of one's birth: Relative cohort size and the youth labor market in the United States,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 215-272.
- Diane Macunovich, 1999. "The Fortune of One's Birth: Relative Cohort Size and the Youth Labor Market in the United States," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 6, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Irene Mosca, 2009. "Population Ageing and the Labour Market: Evidence from Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(2), pages 371-395, June.
- Kadija Charni, 2016.
"Is it Better to Work When We Are Older? An Empirical Comparison Between France and Great Britain,"
- Kadija Charni, 2016. "Is it Better to Work When We Are Older? An Empirical Comparison Between France and Great Britain," AMSE Working Papers 1640, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France.
- Morin, Louis-Philippe, 2015.
"Cohort size and youth earnings: Evidence from a quasi-experiment,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 99-111.
- Morin, Louis-Philippe, 2011. "Cohort Size and Youth Earnings: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2011-28, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 28 Nov 2011.
- John Moffat & Duncan Roth, 2016.
"The Cohort Size-Wage Relationship in Europe,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 30(4), pages 415-432, December.
- John Moffat & Duncan Roth, 2013. "The cohort size-wage relationship in Europe," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201346, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Duncan Roth & John Moffat, 2013. "The cohort size-wage relationship in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa13p950, European Regional Science Association.
- Clementine Garrouste & Mathilde Godard, 2016.
"The Lasting Health Impact of Leaving School in a Bad Economy: Britons in the 1970s Recession,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(S2), pages 70-92, November.
- Garrouste, Clémentine & Godard, Mathilde, 2015. "The lasting health impact of leaving school in a bad economy: Britons in the 1970s recession," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1509, CEPREMAP.
- Malik Koubi, 2003. "Les trajectoires professionnelles : une analyse par cohorte," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 369(1), pages 119-147.
- Diane Macunovich & Richard Easterlin & Christine Schaeffer & Eileen Crimmins, 1995. "Echoes of the baby boom and bust: Recent and prospective changes in living alone among elderly widows in the united states," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(1), pages 17-28, February.
- Akira Momota & Ryo Horii, 2013.
"Timing of childbirth, capital accumulation, and economic welfare,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 494-522, April.
- Momota, Akira & Horii, Ryo, 2011. "Timing of childbirth, capital accumulation, and economic welfare," MPRA Paper 34088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachmann, Ronald & Bauer, Thomas K. & David, Peggy, 2010.
"Labour Market Entry Conditions, Wages and Job Mobility,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
188, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bachmann, Ronald & Bauer, Thomas K. & David, Peggy, 2010. "Labor Market Entry Conditions, Wages and Job Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 4965, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Thomas Flochel & Yuki Ikeda & Harry Moroz & Nithin Umapathi, 2014. "Macroeconomic Implications of Aging in East Asia Pacific," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23026, The World Bank.
- Maria-Simona NAROȘ & Mihaela SIMIONESCU, 2018. "The role of life-long education in achieving sustainable development," Institute for Economic Forecasting Conference Proceedings 180501, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- von Weizsacker, Robert K., 1996. "Distributive implications of an aging society," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 729-746, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:26:y:1989:i:2:p:311-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.