Cohort Size Effects on US Enrollment Decisions
Although considerable effort has been expended on measuring the returns to education in the U.S. and on modeling the individual decision-making process in human capital investment, surprisingly little work has been done in terms of attempts to forecast college enrollment rates in the U.S. population, despite the obvious need for such forecasts.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 413 597 2476
Fax: 413 597 4045
Web page: http://econ.williams.edu
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Macunovich, D.J., 1996. "Relative Income and Price of Time: Exploring their effcts on U.S. Fertility and Female Labor Force Participation, 1963-1993," Department of Economics Working Papers 174, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Ray C. Fair & Diane J. Macunovich, 1996. "Explaining the Labor Force Participation of Women 20-24," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1116, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gary Burtless, 1995. "International Trade and the Rise in Earnings Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 800-816, June.
- Juhn, Chinhui, 1992. "Decline of Male Labor Market Participation: The Role of Declining Market Opportunities," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(1), pages 79-121, February.
- Goldin, Claudia & Margo, Robert A, 1992.
"The Great Compression: The Wage Structure in the United States at Mid-century,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Claudia Goldin & Robert A. Margo, 1991. "The Great Compression: The Wage Structure in the United States at Mid- Century," NBER Working Papers 3817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Connelly, 1986. "A Framework for Analyzing the Impact of Cohort Size on Education and Labor Earning," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 543-562.
- Macunovich, D.J., 1996. "Marriage and Divorce in the U.S. : Testing for Cohort Size Effects," Department of Economics Working Papers 176, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Dooley, Martin D & Gottschalk, Peter, 1984. "Earnings Inequality among Males in the United States: Trends and the Effect of Labor Force Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 59-89, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wil:wilehe:36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Sheppard)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.