Measuring the economic impact of climate-induced environmental changes on sun-and-beach tourism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scarpa, Riccardo & Rose, John M., 2008.
"Design efficiency for non-market valuation with choice modelling: how to measure it, what to report and why,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 1-30.
- Riccardo Scarpa & John M. Rose, 2008. "Design efficiency for non-market valuation with choice modelling: how to measure it, what to report and why ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 253-282, September.
- John M. Rose & Riccardo Scarpa, 2007. "Designs Efficiency for Non-market Valuation with Choice Modelling: How to Measure It, What to Report and Why," Working Papers in Economics 07/21, University of Waikato.
- Ekin Birol & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated".
"Choice Experiments Informing Environmental Policy:A European Perspective,"
DEOS Working Papers
0801, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Birol, Ekin & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2008. "Choice Experiments Informing Environmental Policy:A European Perspective," MPRA Paper 38232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Torres, Cati & Faccioli, Michela & Riera Font, Antoni, 2017.
"Waiting or acting now? The effect on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 231-240.
- Cati Torres & Michela Faccioli & Antoni Riera, 2015. "Waiting or acting now? The effects on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments," DEA Working Papers 74, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Remoundou, Kyriaki & Diaz-Simal, Pedro & Koundouri, Phoebe & Rulleau, BÃ©nÃ©dicte, 2015. "Valuing climate change mitigation: A choice experiment on a coastal and marine ecosystem," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 87-94.
- Richard S J Tol, 2018.
"The Economic Impacts of Climate Change,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 4-25.
- Richard Carson & Jordan Louviere, 2011. "A Common Nomenclature for Stated Preference Elicitation Approaches," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(4), pages 539-559, August.
- Dan Marsh & Lena Mkwara & Riccardo Scarpa, 2011. "Do Respondents’ Perceptions of the Status Quo Matter in Non-Market Valuation with Choice Experiments? An Application to New Zealand Freshwater Streams," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(9), pages 1-23, September.
- William H. Greene & David A. Hensher, 2010. "Ordered Choices and Heterogeneity in Attribute Processing," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 44(3), pages 331-364, September.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A. & Rose, John, 2006. "Accounting for heterogeneity in the variance of unobserved effects in mixed logit models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 75-92, January.
- Veronesi, Marcella & Chawla, Fabienne & Maurer, Max & Lienert, Judit, 2014.
"Climate change and the willingness to pay to reduce ecological and health risks from wastewater flooding in urban centers and the environment,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 1-10.
- Marcella Veronesi & Fabienne Chawla & Max Maurer & Judit Lienert, 2013. "Climate Change and the Willingness to Pay to Reduce Ecological and Health Risks from Wastewater Flooding in Urban Centers and the Environment," Working Papers 01/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Liam F. Beiser-McGrath & Robert A. Huber, 2018. "Assessing the relative importance of psychological and demographic factors for predicting climate and environmental attitudes," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 335-347, August.
- Amelung, Bas & Nicholls, Sarah, 2014. "Implications of climate change for tourism in Australia," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 228-244.
- Chaikaew, Pasicha & Hodges, Alan W. & Grunwald, Sabine, 2017. "Estimating the value of ecosystem services in a mixed-use watershed: A choice experiment approach," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 228-237.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Marit Kragt & Jeffrey Bennett, 2012. "Attribute Framing in Choice Experiments: How Do Attribute Level Descriptions Affect Value Estimates?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(1), pages 43-59, January.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene, 2005. "Destination Choice Models for Rock Climbing in the Northeastern Alps: A Latent-Class Approach Based on Intensity of Preferences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(3).
- David Hensher & William Greene, 2003. "The Mixed Logit model: The state of practice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 133-176, May.
- Michela Faccioli & Laure Kuhfuss & Mikołaj Czajkowski, 2019. "Stated Preferences for Conservation Policies Under Uncertainty: Insights on the Effect of Individuals’ Risk Attitudes in the Environmental Domain," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 73(2), pages 627-659, June.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Kenneth G. Willis & Melinda Acutt, 2007. "Valuing externalities from water supply: Status quo, choice complexity and individual random effects in panel kernel logit analysis of choice experiments," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 449-466.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1984. "Welfare Evaluations in Contingent Valuation Experiments with Discrete Responses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 332-341.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Roy Brouwer & Marije Schaafsma, 2013. "Modelling risk adaptation and mitigation behaviour under different climate change scenarios," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 11-29, March.
- Whitehead, John C. & Haab, Timothy C. & Huang, Ju-Chin, 2000.
"Measuring recreation benefits of quality improvements with revealed and stated behavior data,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 339-354, October.
- John C. Whitehead & Timothy C. Haab & Ju-Chin Huang, 1999. "Measuring Recreation Benefits of Quality Improvements with Revealed and Stated Behavior Data," Working Papers 9902, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- David Hensher & John Rose & William Greene, 2005. "The implications on willingness to pay of respondents ignoring specific attributes," Transportation, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 203-222, May.
- Landauer, Mia & Pröbstl, Ulrike & Haider, Wolfgang, 2012. "Managing cross-country skiing destinations under the conditions of climate change – Scenarios for destinations in Austria and Finland," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 741-751.
- Angel Bujosa & Jaume Rosselló, 2013. "Climate change and summer mass tourism: the case of Spanish domestic tourism," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 363-375, March.
- Thomas Lundhede & Jette Bredahl Jacobsen & Nick Hanley & Niels Strange & Bo Jellesmark Thorsen, 2015. "Incorporating Outcome Uncertainty and Prior Outcome Beliefs in Stated Preferences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(2), pages 296-316.
- Michela Faccioli & Antoni Riera Font & Catalina M. Torres, 2014. "Valuing The Recreational Benefits Of Wetland Adaptation To Climate Change: A Trade-Off Between Species’ Abundance And Diversity," DEA Working Papers 64, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Hess, Stephane & Rose, John M., 2009. "Allowing for intra-respondent variations in coefficients estimated on repeated choice data," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 708-719, July.
- Tol, Richard S. J. & Walsh, Sharon, 2012. "The Impact of Climate on Tourist Destination Choice," Papers WP423, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
More about this item
KeywordsChoice experiment; Sun-and-beach tourism; Climate-induced environmental changes; Mallorca;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:climat:v:160:y:2020:i:2:d:10.1007_s10584-020-02682-w. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.