Spatial model selection strategies in a SUR framework. The case of regional productivity in EU
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall’erba, 2006.
"Evaluating the Temporal and Spatial Heterogeneity of the European Convergence Process, 1980–1999,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 269-288, May.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'erba, 2004. "Evaluating the temporal and the spatial heterogeneity of the European convergence process, 1980-1999," Urban/Regional 0401003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julie LE GALLO (IERSO, IFReDE-GRES) & Sandy DALL’ERBA (REAL, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), 2004. "Evaluating the Temporal and the Spatial Heterogeneity of the European Convergence Process, 1980-1999," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2004-23, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'Erba, 2006. "Evaluating the temporal and spatial heterogeneity of the European convergence process : 1980-1999," Post-Print hal-00485016, HAL.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'Erba, 2006. "Evaluating the temporal and spatial heterogeneity of the European convergence process: 1980-1999," Post-Print hal-00401245, HAL.
- Valter Di Giacinto, 2006. "A Generalized Space-Time ARMA Model with an Application to Regional Unemployment Analysis in Italy," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 29(2), pages 159-198, April.
- Michael Beenstock & Daniel Felsenstein, 2007. "Spatial Vector Autoregressions," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 167-196.
- Julie Gallo & Coro Chasco, 2008.
"Spatial analysis of urban growth in Spain, 1900–2001,"
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 59-80, February.
- Julie Le Gallo & Coro Chasco-Yrigoyen, 2006. "Spatial Analysis of Urban Growth in Spain (1900-2001)," ERSA conference papers ersa06p878, European Regional Science Association.
- Julie Le Gallo & Coro Chasco, 2008. "Spatial analysis of urban growth in Spain, 1900-2001," Post-Print hal-00485030, HAL.
- Harald Badinger & Werner Muller & Gabriele Tondl, 2004.
"Regional Convergence in the European Union, 1985- 1999: A Spatial Dynamic Panel Analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 241-253.
- Badinger, Harald & Müller, Werner G. & Tondl, Gabriele, 2002. "Regional convergence in the European Union (1985 - 1999): A spatial dynamic panel analysis," HWWA Discussion Papers 210, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Gabriele Tondl & Harald Badinger & Werner Müller, 2003. "Regional convergence in the European Union (1985-1999). A spatial dynamic panel analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa03p455, European Regional Science Association.
- Badinger, Harald & Muller, Werner G. & Tondl, Gabriele, 2002. "Regional Convergence in the European Union (1985-1999): A Spatial Dynamic Panel Analysis," Discussion Paper Series 26329, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- P Burridge, 1981.
"Testing for a Common Factor in a Spatial Autoregression Model,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 13(7), pages 795-800, July.
- P Burridge, 1981. "Testing for a common factor in a spatial autoregression model," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(7), pages 795-800, July.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2004. "Estimation of simultaneous systems of spatially interrelated cross sectional equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 27-50.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2004.
"Distance, trade and FDI: a Hausman-Taylor SUR approach,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 227-246.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2001. "Distance, Trade and FDI: A Hausman-Taylor SUR Approach," WIFO Working Papers 164, WIFO.
- Julie Le Gallo & Yiannis Kamarianakis, 2011. "The Evolution of Regional Productivity Disparities in the European Union from 1975 to 2002: A Combination of Shift-Share and Spatial Econometrics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 123-139.
- Xiaokun Wang & Kara Kockelman, 2007. "Specification and estimation of a spatially and temporally autocorrelated seemingly unrelated regression model: application to crash rates in China," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 281-300, May.
- Sandy Dall'Erba & Marco Percoco & Gianfranco Piras, 2008. "The European Regional Growth Process Revisited," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 7-25.
- Jordi Pons-Novell & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 1999. "Kaldor's Laws and Spatial Dependence: Evidence for the European Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 443-451.
- Ghazi Shukur, 2002. "Dynamic specification and misspecification in systems of demand equations: a testing strategy for model selection," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 709-725.
- Alvaro Angeriz & John McCombie & Mark Roberts, 2008. "New Estimates of Returns to Scale and Spatial Spillovers for EU Regional Manufacturing, 1986â€”2002," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 31(1), pages 62-87, January.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- L Hordijk & P Nijkamp, 1977. "Dynamic Models of Spatial Autocorrelation," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 9(5), pages 505-519, May.
- Bera, Anil K. & Yoon, Mann J., 1993. "Specification Testing with Locally Misspecified Alternatives," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 649-658, August.
- Gianfranco Piras & Paolo Postiglione & Patricio Aroca, 2012. "Specialization, R&D and productivity growth: evidence from EU regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(1), pages 35-51, August.
- Mehmet GÃ¼Ã§lÃ¼, 2013. "Manufacturing and Regional Economic Growth in Turkey: A Spatial Econometric View of Kaldor's Laws," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(6), pages 854-866, June.
- Jesús Mur & Fernando López & Marcos Herrera, 2010. "Testing for Spatial Effects in Seemingly Unrelated Regressions," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 399-440.
- Anselin, Luc, 1988. "A test for spatial autocorrelation in seemingly unrelated regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 335-341.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges, 2011.
"Maximum likelihood estimation and Lagrange multiplier tests for panel seemingly unrelated regressions with spatial lag and spatial errors: An application to hedonic housing prices in Paris,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 24-42, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges, 2010. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Lagrange Multiplier Tests for Panel Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Spatial Lag and Spatial Errors: An Application to Hedonic Housing Prices in Paris," IZA Discussion Papers 5227, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fingleton, B & McCombie, J S L, 1998. "Increasing Returns and Economic Growth: Some Evidence for Manufacturing from the European Union Regions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 89-105, January.
- Stilianos Alexiadis & Dimitrios Tsagdis, 2006. "Reassessing the validity of Verdoorn's law under conditions of spatial dependence: a case study of the Greek regions," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 149-170.
- Bernard Fingleton, 2000. "Spatial econometrics, economic geography, dynamics and equilibrium: a 'third way'?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(8), pages 1481-1498, August.
- Mur, Jesús & Angulo, Ana, 2009. "Model selection strategies in a spatial setting: Some additional results," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 200-213, March.
- Jorgen Lauridsen & Mickael Bech & Fernando López & Mariluz Sánchez, 2010. "A spatiotemporal analysis of public pharmaceutical expenditure," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(2), pages 299-314, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- López Hernández, Fernando A. & Martínez Ortiz, Pedro José & Cegarra Navarro, Juan Gabriel, 2015. "Interacción espacial en el gasto en servicios públicos de las entidades locales. Un enfoque panel mediante modelos SUR /Spatial Interaction in Spending on Public Services by Local Governments. A Panel," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 33, pages 81-100, Enero.
More about this item
KeywordsC21; C50; R15;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:53:y:2014:i:1:p:197-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.