Falling urban wage premium and inequality trends: evidence for Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bruno De Oliveira Cruz & Paulo Naticchioni, 2014. "Falling Urban Wage Premium Andinequality Trends: Evidence For Brazil," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 168, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
References listed on IDEAS
- Pedro Herculano Guimarães Ferreira de souza & Rafael Guerreiro Osorio, 2011. "A Redução das disparidades Regionais e a Queda da Desigualdade Nacional de Renda (1981-2009)," Discussion Papers 1648, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Henderson, J V, 1974. "The Sizes and Types of Cities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 640-656, September.
- Magalhães, André & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Azzoni, Carlos R., 2005. "Spatial Dependence and Regional Convergence in Brazil," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 6, pages 5-20.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Litchfield, Julie A., 2008.
"The Rise And Fall Of Brazilian Inequality: 1981–2004,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S2), pages 199-230, September.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Litchfield, Julie A., 2006. "The rise and fall of Brazilian inequality, 1981-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3867, The World Bank.
- Yankow, Jeffrey J., 2006. "Why do cities pay more? An empirical examination of some competing theories of the urban wage premium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 139-161, September.
- Aitor Lacuesta & Mario Izquierdo, 2012. "The contribution of changes in employment composition and relative returns to the evolution of wage inequality: the case of Spain," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 511-543, January.
- Alessia Matano & Paolo Naticchioni, 2012. "Wage distribution and the spatial sorting of workers," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 379-408, March.
- Amanda Gosling & Stephen Machin & Costas Meghir, 2000.
"The Changing Distribution of Male Wages in the U.K,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 635-666.
- Amanda Gosling & Stephen Machin & Costas Meghir, 1994. "The changing distribution of male wages in the UK," IFS Working Papers W94/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- A Gosling & Stephen Machin, 1995. "The Changing Distribution of Male Wages in the UK," CEP Discussion Papers dp0271, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1998. "Are Cities Dying?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 139-160, Spring.
- Kijima, Yoko, 2006. "Why did wage inequality increase? Evidence from urban India 1983-99," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 97-117, October.
- Christian Dustmann & Johannes Ludsteck & Uta Schönberg, 2009. "Revisiting the German Wage Structure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 843-881.
- World Bank, 2011. "A Break with History : Fifteen Years of Inequality Reduction in Latin America," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2747, The World Bank.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002.
"Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, April.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, April.
- Luciana M.S. Servo & Carlos R. Azzoni, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 157-175.
- Kim, Sunwoong, 1990. "Labor heterogeneity, wage bargaining, and agglomeration economies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 160-177, September.
- Belal N. Fallah & Mark D. Partridge & M. Rose Olfert, 2011. "New economic geography and US metropolitan wage inequality -super-‡," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(5), pages 865-895, September.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Duranton, Gilles & Overman, Henry G., 2005.
"Agglomeration and the adjustment of the spatial economy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
675, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Gilles Duranton & Henry Overman, 2005. "Agglomeration and the Adjustment of the Spatial Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0689, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Duranton, Gilles & Overman, Henry G, 2005. "Agglomeration and the Adjustment of the Spatial Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 5028, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre Philippe Combes & GillesDuranton & Henry G.Overman, 2005. "Agglomeration And The Adjustment Of The Spatial Economy," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 001953, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Paolo Naticchioni & Andrea Ricci & Emiliano Rustichelli, 2008. "Wage Inequality, Employment Structure and Skill-biased Change in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 27-51, June.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matt Resseger & Kristina Tobio, 2009. "Inequality In Cities," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 617-646.
- Raul da Mota Silveira Neto & Ana Katarina Campelo, 2003. "O Perfil das Disparidades Regionais de Renda no Brasil: Evidências a Partir de Regressões Quantílicas para os Anos de 1992 e 2001," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] e11, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- P. Charnoz & É. Coudin & M. Gaini, 2011. "Wage inequalities in France 1976-2004: a quantile regression analysis," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2011-06, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie, 2014.
"Understanding Urban Wage Inequality in China 1988–2008: Evidence from Quantile Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1-13.
- Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie, 2012. "Understanding Urban Wage Inequality in China 1988-2008: Evidence from Quantile Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7101, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Philipp Ehrl, 2014. "Task trade and the employment pattern: the offshoring and onshoring of Brazilian firms," Working Papers 151, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
More about this item
KeywordsUrban Wage Premium; Wage Inequality; Brazil;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo-Ortíz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aecrrea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.