The Sizes and Types of Cities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Horst Herberg & Murray C. Kemp, 1969. "Some Implications of Variable Returns to Scale," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(3), pages 403-415, August.
- James R. Melvin, 1969. "Increasing Returns to Scale as a Determinant of Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(3), pages 389-402, August.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2018.
"The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: International Trade Theory and Competitive Models Features, Values, and Criticisms, chapter 4, pages 61-84,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- John S. Chipman, 1970. "External Economies of Scale and Competitive Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 347-385.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- J.V. Henderson, 1972. "Trade and Factor Mobility with Increasing Returns to Scale," Working Paper 62, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Gene M. Grossman & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2010. "External Economies and International Trade Redux," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(2), pages 829-858.
- Richard Arnott, 1998.
"Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(7), pages 1171-1185, June.
- Richard Arnott, 1997. "Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 390., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Joseph F. Francois & Douglas Nelson, 2002. "A Geometry Of Specialisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(481), pages 649-678, July.
- Emanuele Brancati & Raffaele Brancati & Dario Guarascio & Andrea Maresca & Manuel Romagnoli & Antonello Zanfei, 2018. "Firm-level Drivers of Export Performance and External Competitiveness in Italy," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 087, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Wilfred J. Ethier & Roy J. Ruffin, 2008. "External Economies of Scale and Comparative Advantage," PIER Working Paper Archive 08-008, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2008. "Paul Krugman: Trade and Geography - Economies of Scale, Differentiated Products and Transport Costs," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2008-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Suga, Nobuhito, 2007. "A monopolistic-competition model of international trade with external economies of scale," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 77-91, February.
- Henry Thompson, 1998. "Production with Two Factors and Many Goods Large Firms in a Small Open Economy," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 107-116.
- Harris, Richard G., 1989. "The New Protectionism Revisited," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275219, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Fukao Kyoji & Hamada Koichi, 1994.
"International Trade and Investment under Different Rates of Time Preference,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 22-52, March.
- Kyoji Fukao & Koichi Hamada, 1990. "International Trade and Investment under Different Rates of Time Preference," NBER Working Papers 3457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fukao, Kyoji & 深尾, 京司 & フカオ, キョウジ & Hamada, Koichi & 浜田, 宏一 & ハマダ, コウイチ, 1990. "International Trade and Investment under Different Rates of Time Preference," Discussion Paper Series a229, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Fukao, K. & Hamada, K., 1990. "International Trade And Investment Under Different Rates Of Time Preference," Papers 605, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Yu, Eden S.H. & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2021. "Non-traded goods, firm dynamics and wages in a service economy," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Xiao Chen & Hanwei Huang & Jiandong Ju & Ruoyan Sun & Jialiang Zhang, 2022.
"Endogenous cross-region human mobility and pandemics,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1860, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Chen, Xiao & Huang, Hanwei & Ju, Jiandong & Sun, Ruoyan & Zhang, Jialiang, 2022. "Endogenous cross-region human mobility and pandemics," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 117907, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bjarne S. Jensen, 2004. "Pareto Efficiency, Relative Prices, and Solutions to CGE Models," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_006, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Berbée, Paul & Brücker, Herbert & Garloff, Alfred & Sommerfeld, Katrin, 2022.
"The labor demand effects of refugee immigration: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
22-069, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Berbée, Paul & Brücker, Herbert & Garloff, Alfred & Sommerfeld, Katrin, 2022. "The Labor Demand Effects of Refugee Immigration: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 15833, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Stergios Skaperdas & Constantinos Syropoulos, 2009.
"International Trade and Transnational Insecurity: How Comparative Advantage and Power are Jointly Determined,"
080921, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Stergios Skaperdas & Constantinos Syropoulos, 2009. "International Trade and Transnational Insecurity: How Comparative Advantage and Power are Jointly Determined," CESifo Working Paper Series 2680, CESifo.
- Sugata Marjit & Suryaprakash Mishra & Sandip Sarkar & Lei Yang, 2019. "Trade, Inequality and Distribution-neutral Fiscal Policy," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 54(2), pages 61-74, May.
- Russell Hillberry & David Hummels, 2021.
"Tom Hertel’s Influence and Its Lessons about Academic Inquiry,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Peter Dixon & Joseph Francois & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe (ed.), POLICY ANALYSIS AND MODELING OF THE GLOBAL ECONOMY A Festschrift Celebrating Thomas Hertel, chapter 2, pages 9-39,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Hillberry, Russell & David Hummels, 2018. "Tom Hertel’s influence and its lessons about academic inquiry," GTAP Working Papers 5674, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Nakakuki, Masayuki & Otani, Akira & Shiratsuka, Shigenori, 2004.
"Distortions in Factor Markets and Structural Adjustments in the Economy,"
Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 22(2), pages 71-99, May.
- Masayuki Nakakuki & Akira Otani & Shigenori Shiratsuka, 2004. "Distortions in Factor Markets and Structural Adjustments in the Economy," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-26, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Thompson, Henry, 2014.
"Wages in a factor proportions model with energy input,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 495-501.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Henry Thompson, 2012. "Wages in a Factor Proportions Model with Energy Input," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2012-05, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mark Babcock (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.