Production with Two Factors and Many Goods Large Firms in a Small Open Economy
A tractable general equilibrium model of a small open economy producing many goods with two primary inputs is developed. Firms are large in that their output decisions affect their costs. One sector produces many different goods under variable costs, which arise through a link between output and the cost of the firm. Comparative static results depend on factor intensity and the degree of increasing costs. Some ambiguities arise in the comparative static adjustments associated with the sector producing the constant cost homogeneous good. [F1]
Volume (Year): 12 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RIEJ20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markusen, J. R. & Schweinberger, A. G., 1990. "The positive theory of production externalities under perfect competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 69-91, August.
- Horst Herberg & Murray C. Kemp, 1969. "Some Implications of Variable Returns to Scale," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(3), pages 403-415, August.
- Chang, Winston W, 1979. "Some Theorems of Trade and General Equilibrium with Many Goods and Factors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 709-26, May.
- Ethier, Wilfred, 1974. "Some of the theorems of international trade with many goods and factors," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 199-206, May.
- Jones, Ronald W & Scheinkman, Jose A, 1977. "The Relevance of the Two-Sector Production Model in Trade Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 909-35, October.
- Ruffin, Roy J., 1977. "A note on the Heckscher-Ohlin theorem," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 403-405, November.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Stanley Fischer & Paul A. Samuelson, 1980. "Heckscher-Ohlin Trade Theory with a Continuum of Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(2), pages 203-224.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 1980. "Variable returns to scale in general equilibrium theory once again," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 499-526, November.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Jota Ishikawa, 1994. "Revisiting the Stolper-Samuelson and Rybczynski Theorems with Production Externalities," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 101-11, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:12:y:1998:i:2:p:107-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.