Dynamic Effects Of Migrant Remittances On Growth: An Econometric Model With An Application To Southeast European Countries
This paper presents a dynamic econometric model to study the impact of remittances on consumption, investment, output and imports. Multiplier effects of exogenous shocks of remittances are estimated in the short and long term, with data from six Southeast European countries. The analysis reveals a uniform country performance of instability and uncertainty, with great temporal and inter-country fluctuations of remittance effects. Are highlighted the different inter-country priorities of remittances spending and an asymmetric impact on economic growth of remittances changes.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah, 2008. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Development in Africa," Working Papers 200802, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Susana Iranzo & Giovanni Peri, 2009.
"Migration and Trade: Theory with an Application to the Eastern-Western European Integration,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
0905, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Iranzo, Susana & Peri, Giovanni, 2009. "Migration and trade: Theory with an application to the Eastern-Western European integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Susana Iranzo & Giovanni Peri, 2009. "Migration and Trade: Theory with an Application to the Eastern-Western European Integration," Working Papers 97, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Iranzo, Susana & Peri, Giovanni, 2009. "Migration and trade: Theory with an Application to the Eastern- Western European Integration," Working Papers 2072/42865, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntu:ntumef:vol1-iss1-12-069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucian Liviu ALBU)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.