Technological Innovation And Total Factor Productivity Growth Of Rice Production In Bangladesh In The Post-Liberalisation Era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li, 2010. "Total-factor energy productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change: An empirical study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3262-3270, October.
- Agbeyegbe, Terence D. & Stotsky, Janet & WoldeMariam, Asegedech, 2006.
"Trade liberalization, exchange rate changes, and tax revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 261-284, April.
- Terence D Agbeyegbe & Janet Gale Stotsky & Asegedech WoldeMariam, 2004. "Trade Liberalization, Exchange Rate Changes, and Tax Revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 04/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Terence D.Agbeyegbe & Janet G. Stotsky & Asegedech WoldeMariam, 2004. "Trade Liberalization, Exchange Rate Changes, and Tax Revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 403, Hunter College Department of Economics, revised 2004.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Shahabuddin, Quazi, 2002. "Rice price stabilization in Bangladesh," MSSD discussion papers 46, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Montalbano, Pierluigi, 2011.
"Trade Openness and Developing Countries' Vulnerability: Concepts, Misconceptions, and Directions for Research,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1489-1502, September.
- Pierluigi Montalbano, 2010. "Does trade opennes increase vulnerability? A survey of the literature," Working Paper Series 0410, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Amoroso, Nicolás & Chiquiar, Daniel & Ramos-Francia, Manuel, 2011. "Technology and endowments as determinants of comparative advantage: Evidence from Mexico," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 164-196, August.
- A. Steven Englander, 1988. "Tests of Total Factor Productivity Measurement," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 54, OECD Publishing.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Guironnet, Jean-Pascal & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2011.
"Productivity growth and biased technical change in French higher education,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 641-646, January.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Guironnet, Jean-Pascal & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2011. "Productivity growth and biased technical change in French higher education," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 641-646.
- Carlos Barros & Jean-Pascal Guironnet & Nicolas Peypoch, 2011. "Productivity growth and biased technical change in French higher education," Post-Print halshs-00657261, HAL.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Henry, Michael & Kneller, Richard & Milner, Chris, 2009. "Trade, technology transfer and national efficiency in developing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 237-254, February.
- Mohammad Jahangir Alam & Jeroen Buysse & Ismat Ara Begum & Eric J. Wailes & Guido Van Huylenbroeck, 2011. "The welfare impact of policy interventions in the foodgrain markets in Bangladesh," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 215-225, September.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1992. "Malmquist Productivity Indexes and Fisher Ideal Indexes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 158-160, January.
- Mohammad Ismail Hossain & Wim Verbeke, 2010. "Evaluation of Rice Markets Integration in Bangladesh," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 77-96, Jul-Dec.
- Chris D. Gingrich & Jason D. Garber, 2010. "Trade liberalization’s impact on agriculture in low income countries: a comparison of El Salvador and Costa Rica," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 43(2), pages 1-17, January-M.
- Hisali, Eria & Yawe, Bruno, 2011. "Total factor productivity growth in Uganda's telecommunications industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-19, February.
- Bodrun Nahar & Mahinda Siriwardana, 2009. "Impact of Trade Liberalization on Poverty in Bangladesh," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 10(2), pages 325-369, July.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1986. "Total-factor-productivity measurement when equilibrium is temporary : A Monte Carlo assessment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 75-95.
- Hoque, Mohammad Monjurul & Yusop, Zulkornain, 2010. "Impacts of trade liberalisation on aggregate import in Bangladesh: An ARDL Bounds test approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 37-52, February.
- Khondaker Golam Moazzem & Nazneen Ahmed & Syed Nasim Manzur & Mehruna Islam Chowdhury, 2012. "Framework for the Proposed Comprehensive Trade Policy for Bangladesh," CPD Working Paper 99, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Susan Stone & Ben Shepherd, 2011. "Dynamic Gains from Trade: The Role of Intermediate Inputs and Equipment Imports," OECD Trade Policy Papers 110, OECD Publishing.
- Whaples Robert, 2006. "Do Economists Agree on Anything? Yes!," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 3(9), pages 1-6, November.
- Meschi, Elena & Vivarelli, Marco, 2009. "Trade and Income Inequality in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 287-302, February.
- Michael Lipton, 2006. "Can Small Farmers Survive, Prosper, or be the Key Channel to Cut Mass Poverty?," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 3(1), pages 58-85.
- Eddy LEE & Marco VIVARELLI, 2006.
"The social impact of globalization in the developing countries,"
International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 145(3), pages 167-184, September.
- Lee, Eddy & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "The Social Impact of Globalization in the Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1925, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ahmed, Nazneen & Bakht, Zaid & Dorosh, Paul A. & Shahabuddin, Quazi, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Bangladesh," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper Series 48481, World Bank.
- M.A. Samad Azad & Sanzidur Rahman, 2017. "Factors Influencing Adoption, Productivity and Efficiency of Hybrid Rice in Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 51(1), pages 223-240, January-M.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 2009. "Miracles and debacles revisited," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 556-572, July.
- Ruhul Salim & Amzad Hossain, 2006. "Market deregulation, trade liberalization and productive efficiency in Bangladesh agriculture: an empirical analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(21), pages 2567-2580.
- Neil Foster, 2008. "The Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Economic Growth: Evidence from a Quantile Regression Analysis," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 543-567, November.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor productivity (TFP); Malmquist productivity index; rice production; post-liberalisation; Bangladesh;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntu:ntugeo:vol6-iss2-18-050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Ciucu) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stefan Ciucu to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feuntro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.