Impacts of trade liberalisation on aggregate import in Bangladesh: An ARDL Bounds test approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sachs, Jeffrey D & Shatz, Howard J, 1996. "U.S. Trade with Developing Countries and Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 234-239, May.
- Bardsen, Gunnar, 1989. "Estimation of Long Run Coefficients in Error Correction Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(3), pages 345-350, August.
- Marashdeh, Hazem, 2005. "Stock Market Integration in the MENA Region: An Application of the ARDL Bounds Testing Approach," Economics Working Papers wp05-27, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Chee-Keong Choong & Siong-Hook Law & Zulkornain Yusop & Soo Siew Choo, 2005. "Export-led Growth Hypothesis in Malaysia: A Revisit," The IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 26-42, November.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Subrata Ghatak & Jalal Siddiki, 2001. "The use of the ARDL approach in estimating virtual exchange rates in India," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(5), pages 573-583.
- Martin KHOR, 2000. "Globalization And The South: Some Critical Issues," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 147, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 1995.
"Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 290-312, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade," MPRA Paper 13708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen Reinhart, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade; Evidence From Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 94/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1995. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 6974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anisul Islam & M. Kabir Hassan, 2004. "An econometric estimation of the aggregate import demand function for Bangladesh: some further results," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(9), pages 575-580.
- Dollar, David, 1992. "Outward-Oriented Developing Economies Really Do Grow More Rapidly: Evidence from 95 LDCs, 1976-1985," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 523-544, April.
- Tuck Cheong Tang & Mahendhiran Nair, 2002. "A cointegration analysis of Malaysian import demand function: reassessment from the bounds test," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 293-296.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Upadhyay, Mukti P., 2000. "The effects of openness, trade orientation, and human capital on total factor productivity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 399-423, December.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Two Principles for the Next Round or, How to Bring Developing Countries in from the Cold," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(04), pages 437-454, April.
- Shrestha, Min B. & Chowdhury, Khorshed, 2005. "ARDL Modelling Approach to Testing the Financial Liberalisation Hypothesis," Economics Working Papers wp05-15, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Ron P. Smith, 1998. "Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 471-505, December.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2005. "Trade Liberalisation and Economic Performance: Theory and Evidence for Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(6), pages 783-821, June.
- Shahe Emran, M. & Shilpi, Forhad, 1996. "Foreign exchange rationing and the aggregate import demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 315-322, June.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-1393, September.
- Marashdeh, Hazem & Saleh, Ali Salman, 2006. "Revisiting Budget and Trade Deficits in Lebanon: A Critique," Economics Working Papers wp06-07, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- Charalambos Pattichis, 1999. "Price and income elasticities of disaggregated import demand: results from UECMs and an application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1061-1071.
- N. Emmanuel Tambi, 1998. "Trade liberalization effects on commodity imports in Cameroon," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 193-202, September.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & A. B. M. Nasir, 2004. "ARDL Approach to Test the Productivity Bias Hypothesis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 483-488, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Ping-Yu & Chen, Bo-Yu & Tsai, Pei-Hui & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2015. "Evaluating the impacts of a carbon tax on imported forest products—evidence from Taiwan," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 45-52.
- Reed, W. Robert & Zhu, Min, 2017.
"On estimating long-run effects in models with lagged dependent variables,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 302-311.
- W. Robert Reed & Min Zhu, 2015. "On Estimating Long-Run Effects in Models with Lagged Dependent Variables," Working Papers in Economics 15/18, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- W. Robert Reed & Min Zhu, 2016. "On Estimating Long-Run Effects In Models with Lagged Dependent Variables," Working Papers in Economics 16/16, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chassem, Nacisse Palissy, 2011.
"Hypothèse de Thirlwall: cas des pays de la zone Franc
[Thirlwall’s hypothesis : the case of countries of the Franc Zone]," MPRA Paper 29990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:sae:globus:v:19:y:2018:i:3:p:543-555 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khatun, Fahmida & Ahamad, Mazbahul G., 2012. "Investigating the determinants of inflationary trends in Bangladesh: an ARDL bounds F-Test Approach," MPRA Paper 42572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jayanti Bhattacharjee & Sushil Kr. Haldar, 2015. "Economic Growth of Selected South Asian Countries: Does Institution Matter?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(2), pages 356-370, February.
- Marques, António Cardoso & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Nunes, André Roque, 2016. "Electricity generation mix and economic growth: What role is being played by nuclear sources and carbon dioxide emissions in France?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 7-19.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Mazbahul Golam Ahamad & A K M Nazrul Islam & Muhammad Al Amin, 2012. "Agricultural Trade between Bangladesh and India: An Analysis of Trends, Trading Patterns and Determinants," CPD-CMI Working Paper 3, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2013. "Rentierism, energy and economic growth: The case of Algeria and Egypt (1965–2010)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1165-1171.
- Muhammad Ahad & Adeel Ahmad Dar, 2018.
"A Dynamic Relationship between Financial Development and Import Demand for Bangladesh: An Evidence from Combine Cointegration and Granger Causality Approach,"
Global Business Review,
International Management Institute, vol. 19(3), pages 543-555, June.
- Ahad, Muhammad, 2016. "A Dynamic Relationship Between Financial Development and Import Demand for Bangladesh: An Evidence from Combine Cointegration and Granger Causality approach," MPRA Paper 71963, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 May 2016.
- Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2012. "Energy consumption and economic growth nexus in Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain and Turkey: An ARDL bounds test approach (1965–2009)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 511-517.
- Marques, António Cardoso & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2016. "Renewable vs non-renewable electricity and the industrial production nexus: Evidence from an ARDL bounds test approach for Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 645-655.
- Temitope Leshoro & Umakrishnan Kollamparambil, 2016. "Inflation Or Output Targeting? Monetary Policy Appropriateness In South Africa," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 69(276), pages 77-104.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalisation Aggregate import ARDL 'Bounds test' Short run and long run impacts Interaction impacts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:21:y:2010:i:1:p:37-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.