An empirical examination of the disaggregated import demand of Korea--the case of information technology products
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y. & Smith, R. J., 1996. "Testing for the 'Existence of a Long-run Relationship'," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9622, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Carone, Giuseppe, 1996. "Modeling the U.S. demand for imports through cointegration and error correction," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-48, February.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1997. "Cyclical factors in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 323-331, June.
- Deyak, Timothy A & Sawyer, W Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L, 1989. "An Empirical Examination of the Structural Stability of Disaggregated U.S. Import Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 337-341, May.
- Timothy A. Deyak & W. Charles Sawyer & Richard L. Sprinkle, 1993. "The Adjustment of Canadian Import Demand to Changes in Income, Prices, and Exchange Rates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 890-900, November.
- Wilkinson, Jenny, 1992. "Explaining Australia's Imports: 1974-1989," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(201), pages 151-164, June.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1993. "Structural change in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 223-227, April.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Niroomand, Farhang, 1998. "Long-run price elasticities and the Marshall-Lerner condition revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 101-109, October.
- Sedgley, Nigel & Smith, Jeremy, 1994. "An Analysis of UK Imports Using Multivariate Cointegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(2), pages 135-150, May.
- Charalambos Pattichis, 1999. "Price and income elasticities of disaggregated import demand: results from UECMs and an application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1061-1071.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Rhee, Hyun-Jae, 1997. "Structural change in import demand behavior, the Korean experience: a reexamination," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 187-193, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vaona, Andrea, 2016. "The effect of renewable energy generation on import demand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 354-359.
- Andrea Vaona, 2013. "Import demand and renewable energy generation in 26 countries," Working Papers 07/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Santos-Paulino, Amelia U., 2002.
"The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Imports in Selected Developing Countries,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 959-974, June.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2001. "The Effects of Trade Liberalisation on Imports in Selected Developing Countries," Studies in Economics 0110, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema, 2005. "Estimating income and price elasticities of imports for Fiji in a cointegration framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-438, May.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "An empirical analysis of China's aggregate import demand function," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 142-163.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2002. "Aggregate Import Demand Behavior For Indonesia: Evidence From The Bounds Testing Approach," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 10(2), pages 179-199, December.
- M. Adetunji Babatunde & Festus O. Egwaikhide, 2010. "Explaining Nigeria's import demand behaviour: a bound testing approach," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 167-187, July.
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012.
"Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan,"
SBP Working Paper Series
48, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012. "Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan," Working Papers id:4899, eSocialSciences.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2005. "Revisiting South Korea's Import Demand Behavior: A Cointegration Analysis," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 29-50, March.
- Il-Hyun Yoon & H. R. Seddighi, 2019. "Demand for Imports and Components of Final Expenditure An Empirical Study with Special Reference to the Korean Import Demand Function," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 6(1), pages 52-58.
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2006. "An aggregate import demand function for Turkey: a cointegration analysis," MPRA Paper 4260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Kadochnikov, 2006. "An Analysis of Import Substitution in Russia after the 1998 Crisis," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 95, pages 148-148.
- Tsangyao Chang & Yuan-Hong Ho & Chiung-Ju Huang, 2005. "A Reexamination Of South Korea¡¯S Aggregate Import Demand Function: The Bounds Test Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 119-128, June.
- Fukumoto, Mayumi, 2012. "Estimation of China's disaggregate import demand functions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 434-444.
- Muhammad Sofjan, 2017. "The Effect of Liberalization on Export-import in Indonesia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(2), pages 672-676.
- Mohsen Bahmani & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott W. Hegerty, 2013. "Empirical tests of the Marshall-Lerner condition: a literature review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 411-443, May.
- Heejoon Kang, 1999. "The Applied Cointegration Analysis for the Open Economy: A Critical Review," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 325-346, July.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Japanese aggregate import demand function: reassessment from the 'bounds' testing approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 419-436, December.
- Winston Moore & Diego Morris, 2012. "Product-level estimation of import demand: Simulating the effects of tariff harmonisation," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 655-676, August.
- Muhammad Shafiullah & Ravinthirakumaran Navaratnam, 2016. "Do Bangladesh and Sri Lanka Enjoy Export-Led Growth? A Comparison of Two Small South Asian Economies," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 17(1), pages 114-132, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:11:y:2000:i:2:p:237-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.