Explaining Nigeria's import demand behaviour: a bound testing approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivohasina Fizara Razafimahefa & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2005. "Import Demand Function: Some Evidence from Madagascar and Mauritius," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(3), pages 411-434, September.
- De Vita, G. & Endresen, K. & Hunt, L.C., 2006.
"An empirical analysis of energy demand in Namibia,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3447-3463, December.
- Glauco De Vita & Klaus Endresen & Lester C Hunt, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Energy Demand in Namibia," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 110, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Dipendra Sinha & Tapen Sinha, 2000. "An aggregate import demand function for greece," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 196-209.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Carone, Giuseppe, 1996. "Modeling the U.S. demand for imports through cointegration and error correction," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, pages 1-48.
- repec:bla:restud:v:57:y:1990:i:1:p:99-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Taggert Brooks, 1999. "Bilateral J-Curve between U.S. and her trading partners," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 156-165.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1974. "Import and Export Demand in Developing Countries (Demande Ã l'importation et l'exportation dans les pays en dÃ©veloppement) (La demanda de importaciÃ³n y de exportaciÃ³n en los paÃses en desarrollo)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(3), pages 678-693, November.
- Tang Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Aggregate Import Demand Function For Eighteen Oic Countries: A Cointegration Analysis," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, pages 167-195.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992.
"Efficient estimation and testing of cointegrating vectors in the presence of deterministic trends,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 87-121.
- Costas Meghir & Jean-Marc Robin, 1992. "Frequency of purchase and the estimation of demand systems," Post-Print hal-00359440, HAL.
- Costas Milas, 1998. "Demand for Greek imports using multivariate cointegration techniques," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(11), pages 1483-1492.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Dipendra Sinha, 1997. "An aggregate import demand function for Pakistan," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 114-114.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1997. "Cyclical factors in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, pages 323-331.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 1995.
"Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 290-312, June.
- Carmen Reinhart, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade; Evidence From Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 94/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1995. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 6974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 111-120.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee, 1998. "Cointegration Approach to Estimate the Long-Run Trade Elasticities in LDCs," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 89-96.
- Dipendra Sinha, 1997. "Determinants of Import Demand in Thailand," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 73-873.
- Frank W. Agbola & Maylene Y. Damoense, 2005. "Time-series estimation of import demand functions for pulses in India," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 146-157, May.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1994.
"Japanese import demand behavior: The cointegration approach,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, pages 291-298.
- Goyal, A., 1992. "Growth Dynamics : In a General Equilibrium Macroeconomic Model for India," Papers 69, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Goyal, Ashima, 1994. "Growth Dynamics in a General Equilibrium Macroeconomic Model for India," MPRA Paper 72155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2005. "Revisiting South Korea's Import Demand Behavior: A Cointegration Analysis ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 29-50, March.
- Tuck Cheong Tang & Mahendhiran Nair, 2002. "A cointegration analysis of Malaysian import demand function: reassessment from the bounds test," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 293-296.
- Rijal, Asim & Koshal, Rajindar K. & Jung, Chulho, 2000. "Determinants of Nepalese imports1," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 347-354.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1993. "Structural change in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, pages 223-227.
- Dilip Dutta & Nasiruddin Ahmed, 1999. "An aggregate import demand function for Bangladesh: a cointegration approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 465-472.
- Tsangyao Chang & Yuan-Hong Ho & Chiung-Ju Huang, 2005. "A Reexamination Of South Korea¡¯S Aggregate Import Demand Function: The Bounds Test Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 119-128, June.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Rhee, Hyun-Jae, 1997. "Structural change in import demand behavior, the Korean experience: a reexamination," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, pages 187-193.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Ouliaris, S, 1990.
"Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration,"
Econometric Society, pages 165-193.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Sam Ouliaris, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 847R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1988.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2002. "Aggregate Import Demand Behavior For Indonesia: Evidence From The Bounds Testing Approach," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, pages 179-199.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Chimobi Omoke, 2012. "Bank Credit and Aggregate Import Demand in Nigeria: A Cointegration Analysis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, pages 28-37.
- AYODOTUN, Ayorinde & FARAYIBI, Adesoji, 2016. "An Empirical Analysis of the Structure of Imports in Sub-Sahara Africa," MPRA Paper 73278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohamed Ibrahim Mugableh, 2017. "Estimating Elasticity Function of Jordanian Aggregate Import Demand," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, pages 33-37.
- AYODOTUN, Ayorinde & FARAYIBI, Adesoji, 2016. "Modelling the Determinants of Import Demand in Sub-Sahara Africa," MPRA Paper 73225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohsen Bahmani & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott W. Hegerty, 2013. "Empirical tests of the Marshall-Lerner condition: a literature review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 411-443, May.
More about this item
KeywordsImports; Prices; Income; Nigeria; National economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijdipp:v:9:y:2010:i:2:p:167-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.