An Empirical Analysis of Energy Demand in Namibia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lester C. Hunt & Guy Judge & Yasushi Ninomiya, 2003.
"Modelling underlying energy demand trends,"
Chapters, in: Lester C. Hunt (ed.), Energy in a Competitive Market, chapter 9,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lester C Hunt & Guy Judge & Yasushi Ninomiya, 2003. "Modelling Underlying Energy Demand Trends," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 105, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- James M. Griffin & Craig T. Schulman, 2005. "Price Asymmetry in Energy Demand Models: A Proxy for Energy-Saving Technical Change?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-22.
- Jesper Stage, 2002. "Structural Shifts In Namibian Energy Use: An Input‐Output Approach," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 70(6), pages 1103-1125, September.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Bentzen, Jan & Engsted, Tom, 2001.
"A revival of the autoregressive distributed lag model in estimating energy demand relationships,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 45-55.
- Bentzen, J. & Engsted, T., 1999. "A Revival of the Autoregressive Distributed Lag Model in Estimating Energy Demand Relationships," Papers 99-7, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Paul Brenton, 1997. "Estimates of the demand for energy using cross-country consumption data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 851-859.
- Milton Friedman, 1962. "The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie62-1, September.
- Dermot Gately & Hiliard G. Huntington, 2002. "The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 19-55.
- Jesper Stage & Florette Fleermuys, 2001. "Energy use in the Namibian economy from 1995 to 1998," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 423-441.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & David H. Papell, 1997.
"Multiple Trend Breaks And The Unit-Root Hypothesis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 212-218, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LPUNIT: RATS procedure to implement Lumsdaine-Papell unit root test with structural breaks," Statistical Software Components RTS00110, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Lester C Hunt & Claudio Salgado & Andy Thorpe, 1998. "The Policy of Power and the Power of Policy: Energy Policy in Honduras," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 96, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Milton Friedman, 1962. "Introduction to "The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series"," NBER Chapters, in: The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series, pages 1-3, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ibrahim, Ibrahim B. & Hurst, Christopher, 1990. "Estimating energy and oil demand functions : A study of thirteen developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 93-102, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Aviral Tiwari & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2014. "Revisiting Purchasing Power Parity for India using threshold cointegration and nonlinear unit root test," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 117-133, May.
- Pourazarm, Elham & Cooray, Arusha, 2013. "Estimating and forecasting residential electricity demand in Iran," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 546-558.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2013.
"Trivariate causality between economic growth, urbanisation and electricity consumption in Angola: Cointegration and causality analysis,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 876-884.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2013. "Trivariate Causality between Economic Growth, Urbanisation and Electricity Consumption in Angola: Cointegration and Causality Analysis," MPRA Paper 45580, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Mar 2013.
- Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Kim, Byoungki & OH, Jeong-Soo, 2017. "A note on the electricity-growth nexus in Lao PDR," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 1251-1260.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Eu Chye, 2013. "Exploring the nexus of electricity consumption, economic growth, energy prices and technology innovation in Malaysia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 297-305.
- Jeng-Bau Lin & Chin-Chia Liang & Wei Tsai, 2019. "Nonlinear Relationships between Oil Prices and Implied Volatilities: Providing More Valuable Information," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(14), pages 1-15, July.
- Kyriakos Emmanouilidis & Christos Karpetis, 2020. "The Defense–Growth Nexus: A Review of Time Series Methods and Empirical Results," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 86-104, January.
- Gately, Dermot & Al-Yousef, Nourah & Al-Sheikh, Hamad M.H., 2012. "The rapid growth of domestic oil consumption in Saudi Arabia and the opportunity cost of oil exports foregone," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 57-68.
- Fakhri J. Hasanov & Lester C. Hunt & Ceyhun I. Mikayilov, 2016. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Demand in Azerbaijan Using Cointegration Techniques," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-31, December.
- Iwayemi, Akin & Adenikinju, Adeola & Babatunde, M. Adetunji, 2010. "Estimating petroleum products demand elasticities in Nigeria: A multivariate cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-85, January.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2008.
"Estimating residential demand for electricity in the United States, 1965-2006,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2722-2730, September.
- Theologos Dergiades & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2008. "Estimating Residential Demand for Electricity in the United States, 1965-2006," Discussion Paper Series 2008_19, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2008.
- Perles-Ribes, José Francisco & Ramón-Rodríguez, Ana Belén & Rubia, Antonio & Moreno-Izquierdo, Luis, 2017. "Is the tourism-led growth hypothesis valid after the global economic and financial crisis? The case of Spain 1957–2014," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 96-109.
- Christou, Christina & Gupta, Rangan & Nyakabawo, Wendy & Wohar, Mark E., 2018.
"Do house prices hedge inflation in the US? A quantile cointegration approach,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 15-26.
- Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta & Wendy Nyakabawo & Mark E. Wohar, 2017. "Do House Prices Hedge Inflation in the US? A Quantile Cointegration Approach," Working Papers 201707, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Eric Ghysels & J. Isaac Miller, 2015.
"Testing for Cointegration with Temporally Aggregated and Mixed-Frequency Time Series,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(6), pages 797-816, November.
- Ghysels, Eric & Miller, J. Isaac, 2013. "Testing for Cointegration with Temporally Aggregated and Mixed-frequency Time Series," CEPR Discussion Papers 9654, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric Ghysels & J. Isaac Miller, 2013. "Testing for Cointegration with Temporally Aggregated and Mixed-frequency Time Series," Working Papers 1307, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 07 May 2014.
- Fukuda, Takashi & Dahalan, Jauhari, 2011. "“Finance-Growth-Crisis Nexus in India: Evidence from Cointegration and Causality Assessment” - L’interazione finanza-crescita-crisi in India: evidenze da una analisi di cointegrazione e causalità," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 64(3), pages 297-328.
- P K Narayan & S Narayan, 2008. "Estimating the Demand for Money in an Unstable Open Economy: The Case of the Fiji Islands," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 13(1), pages 71-91, March.
- Vinish Kathuria, 2019. "Growth and Investment: Testing for the Relationship for South Asian Countries," Millennial Asia, , vol. 10(3), pages 337-371, December.
- Phouphet Kyophilavong & Gazi Salah Uddin & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2016.
"The Nexus between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR,"
Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 17(2), pages 303-317, April.
- Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Salah Uddin, Gazi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "The Nexus Between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR," MPRA Paper 57308, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2014.
- Pata, Ugur Korkut & Caglar, Abdullah Emre, 2021. "Investigating the EKC hypothesis with renewable energy consumption, human capital, globalization and trade openness for China: Evidence from augmented ARDL approach with a structural break," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 216(C).
- Rakesh Kumar, 2021. "South Asia: Multilateral trade agreements and untapped regional trade integration," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 2891-2903, April.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy demand; ARDL; Cointegration;
All these keywords.
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sur:seedps:110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eesuruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mona Chitnis (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eesuruk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.