Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012. "Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan," Working Papers id:4899, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khan, Mohsm S. & Ross, Knud Z., 1977. "The functional form of the aggregate import demand equation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 149-160, May.
- Rashid, Abdul & Razzaq, Tayyaba, 2010. "Estimating Import-Demand Function in ARDL Framework: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 26079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992.
"Determination of Cointegration Rank in the Presence of a Linear Trend,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "Determination of Cointegration Rank in the Presence of a Linear Trend," Papers 76a, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Carone, Giuseppe, 1996. "Modeling the U.S. demand for imports through cointegration and error correction," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-48, February.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:12:y:1998:i:5:p:471-505:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammad Afzal, 2004. "Estimating Long-run Trade Elasticities in Pakistan: A Cointegration Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 757-770.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789814749589_0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Costas Milas, 1998. "Demand for Greek imports using multivariate cointegration techniques," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(11), pages 1483-1492.
- Dipendra Sinha, 1997. "An aggregate import demand function for Pakistan," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 114-114, March.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- James Laurenceson & Joseph C.H. Chai, 2003. "Financial Reform and Economic Development in China," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2714.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Salas, Javier, 1982. "Estimation of the structure and elasticities of Mexican imports in the period 1961-1979," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 297-311, June.
- Dipendra Sinha, 1997. "Determinants of Import Demand in Thailand," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 73-873.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Orhan Kara, 2003. "Relative Responsiveness of Trade Flows to a Change in Prices and Exchange Rate," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 293-308.
- Pesaran, M Hashem & Smith, Ron P, 1998.
" Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 471-505, December.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1994. "Japanese import demand behavior: The cointegration approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-298, June.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 2017. "Income and Price Effects in Foreign Trade," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TRADE CURRENCIES AND FINANCE, chapter 1, pages 3-81 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Tuck Cheong Tang & Mahendhiran Nair, 2002. "A cointegration analysis of Malaysian import demand function: reassessment from the bounds test," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 293-296.
- Rijal, Asim & Koshal, Rajindar K. & Jung, Chulho, 2000. "Determinants of Nepalese imports1," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 347-354, December.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1993. "Structural change in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 223-227, April.
- Mwega, Francis M, 1993. "Import Demand Elasticities and Stability during Trade Liberalization: A Case Study of Kenya," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 2(3), pages 381-416, December.
- Dilip Dutta & Nasiruddin Ahmed, 1999. "An aggregate import demand function for Bangladesh: a cointegration approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 465-472.
- Abdelhak Senhadji, 1998. "Time-Series Estimation of Structural Import Demand Equations: A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(2), pages 236-268, June.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Rhee, Hyun-Jae, 1997. "Structural change in import demand behavior, the Korean experience: a reexamination," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 187-193, April.
- M. Faruk Aydin & Ugur Ciplak & Eray M. Yucel, 2004. "Export Supply and Import Demand Models for the Turkish Economy," Working Papers 0409, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
More about this item
KeywordsCointegration; foreign trade; import price;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbp:wpaper:48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faisal Saleem). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbpgvpk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.