Estimating Import-Demand Function in ARDL Framework: The Case of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johansen, Søren, 1995.
"A Stastistical Analysis of Cointegration for I(2) Variables,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 25-59, February.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "A Statistical Analsysis of Cointegration for I(2) Variables," Papers 77, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Hélène Erkel-Rousse & Daniel Mirza, 2002.
"Import price elasticities: reconsidering the evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 282-306, May.
- Erkel-Rousse, H. & Mirza, D., 2000. "Import Price-Elasticities : Reconsidering the Evidence," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.52, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Helene Erkel-Rousse & Daniel Mirza, 2000. "Import Price-Elastcities: Reconsidering the Evidence," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0909, Econometric Society.
- Moran, Cristian, 1988. "Imports under a foreign exchange constraint," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1, The World Bank.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 1995.
"Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 290-312, June.
- Carmen Reinhart, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade; Evidence From Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 94/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1995. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 6974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema, 2005. "Estimating income and price elasticities of imports for Fiji in a cointegration framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-438, May.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Chui, Michael K F, 1999. "Estimating Income and Price Elasticities of Trade in a Cointegration Framework," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 254-264, May.
- Augustine Arize & John Malindretos & Elias Grivoyannis, 2004. "Foreign exchange reserves and import demand in a developing economy: the case of Pakistan," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 259-274.
- Robert A. Amano & Wai-Ming Ho & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1999. "Intraperiod and Intertemporal Substitution in Import Demand," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 84, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012.
"Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan,"
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012. "Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 48, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Mohamed Abbas Ibrahim, 2017. "An Examination of the Merchandise Imports Demand Function for Egypt," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 101-112, March.
- Zunia Saif Tirmazee & Resham Naveed, 2014. "Reviewing Pakistan’s Import Demand Function: A Time-Series Analysis, 1970–2010," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(Special E), pages 371-393, September.
More about this item
KeywordsImport Demand; Foreign Exchange Constraint; ARDL; DOLS; Pakistan;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26079. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .