Structural change in import demand behavior, the Korean experience: a reexamination
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1993. "Structural change in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 223-227, April.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1991.
"Long-Run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 665-674, November.
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989. "Long-run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States," NBER Working Papers 2949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hafer, R W & Jansen, Dennis W, 1991.
"The Demand for Money in the United States: Evidence from Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 155-168, May.
- Hafer, R.W. & Jansen, D.W., 1990. "The Demand For Money In The United States: Evidence From Cointegration Tests," Papers 9010, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992.
"Testing for parameter instability in linear models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 517-533, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "STABTEST: RATS procedure to perform Hansen's stability test for OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00199, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Payesteh, Sayeed, 1993. "Budget deficits and the value of the dollar: An application of cointegration and error-correction modeling," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 661-677.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vaona, Andrea, 2016. "The effect of renewable energy generation on import demand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 354-359.
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012.
"Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan,"
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012. "Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 48, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Il-Hyun Yoon & H. R. Seddighi, 2019. "Demand for Imports and Components of Final Expenditure An Empirical Study with Special Reference to the Korean Import Demand Function," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 6(1), pages 52-58.
- Amelia U. Santos‐Paulino, 2005. "Trade Liberalisation and Economic Performance: Theory and Evidence for Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(6), pages 783-821, June.
- M. Adetunji Babatunde & Festus O. Egwaikhide, 2010. "Explaining Nigeria's import demand behaviour: a bound testing approach," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 167-187, July.
- Mah, Jai S., 2000. "An empirical examination of the disaggregated import demand of Korea--the case of information technology products," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 237-244.
- Winston Moore & Diego Morris, 2012. "Product-level estimation of import demand: Simulating the effects of tariff harmonisation," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 655-676, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David A. Dickey & Dennis W. Jansen & Daniel L. Thornton, 1994.
"A Primer on Cointegration with an Application to Money and Income,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: B. Bhaskara Rao (ed.), Cointegration, chapter 2, pages 9-45,
- David A. Dickey & Dennis W. Jansen & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "A primer on cointegration with an application to money and income," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 58-78.
- Satya P. Das & Mausumi Das & Thomas B. Fomby, 2004.
"Decreasing marginal impatience, income distribution and demand for money: Theory and evidence,"
04-04, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Satya P. Das & Mausumi Das & Thomas B. Fomby, 2004. "Decreasing marginal impatience, income distribution and demand for money: Theory and evidence," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-04, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Mcgibany, James M. & Nourzad, Farrokh, 1995. "Exchange rate volatility and the demand for money in the U.S," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 411-425.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015.
"Natural gas consumption and economic growth: The role of foreign direct investment, capital formation and trade openness in Malaysia,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 835-845.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015. "Natural Gas Consumption and Economic Growth: The Role of Foreign Direct Investment, Capital Formation and Trade Openness in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 67225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Oct 2015.
- Peter N. Ireland, 2009.
"On the Welfare Cost of Inflation and the Recent Behavior of Money Demand,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1040-1052, June.
- Peter N. Ireland, 2007. "On the Welfare Cost of Inflation and the Recent Behavior of Money Demand," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 662, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter N. Ireland, 2008. "On the Welfare Cost of Inflation and the Recent Behavior of Money Demand," NBER Working Papers 14098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Gould, 1995. "Computerized index for the STB (Update)," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(20).
- Charles G. Renfro, 2009. "The Practice of Econometric Theory," Advanced Studies in Theoretical and Applied Econometrics, Springer, number 978-3-540-75571-5, enero-jun.
- Jae-Kwang Hwang, 2002. "The demand for money in korea: Evidence from the cointegration test," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 8(3), pages 188-195, August.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 2001. "How stable is M2 money demand function in Japan?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 455-461, December.
- Sharifi-Renani, Hosein, 2007. "Demand for money in Iran: An ARDL approach," MPRA Paper 8224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William A. Barnett & Taniya Ghosh & Masudul Hasan Adil, 2021. "Is money demand really unstable? Evidence from divisia monetary aggregates," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2021-005, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1999. "Some tests for parameter constancy in cointegrated VAR-models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(2), pages 306-333.
- John Thornton, 1998. "The long-run demand for currency and broad money in Italy, 1861-1980," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 157-159.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:8:y:2002:i:3:p:188-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodrigo Peruga, 1994. "Money demand instability and the performance of the monetary model of exchange rates," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 9407, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Wankeun Oh, 2002. "Cointegration and Structural Change: An Application to the U.S. Demand for Money," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(1), pages 91-101, January.
- Rostom,Ahmed Mohamed Tawfick, 2016. "Money demand in the Arab Republic of Egypt : a vector equilibrium correction model," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7679, The World Bank.
- Musoni J. Rutayisire, 2010. "Economic Liberalization, Monetary Policy and Money Demand in Rwanda: 1980–2005," Working Papers 193, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Jason Allen & Robert Amano & David P. Byrne & Allan W. Gregory, 2009.
"Canadian city housing prices and urban market segmentation,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 42(3), pages 1132-1149, August.
- Jason Allen & Robert Amano & David P. Byrne & Allan W. Gregory, 2009. "Canadian city housing prices and urban market segmentation," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(3), pages 1132-1149, August.
- Jason Allen & Robert Amano & David Byrne & Allan Gregory, 2006. "Canadian City Housing Prices and Urban Market Segmentation," Staff Working Papers 06-49, Bank of Canada.
- Zamani, Mehrzad, 2007. "Energy consumption and economic activities in Iran," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1135-1140, November.
- Xu, Haifeng & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2012. "Dynamic linkages of stock prices between the BRICs and the United States: Effects of the 2008–09 financial crisis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 344-352.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:19:y:1997:i:2:p:187-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.