Structural Change and Mid-Income Trap â€“ Under which conditions can China succeed in moving towards higher income status?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gökhan YILMAZ, 2015.
"Turkish Middle Income Trap and Less Skilled Human Capital,"
Iktisat Isletme ve Finans,
Bilgesel Yayincilik, pages 9-36.
- Gokhan Yilmaz, 2014. "Turkish Middle Income Trap and Less Skilled Human Capital," Working Papers 1430, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Piyabha Kongsamut & Sergio Rebelo & Danyang Xie, 2001.
"Beyond Balanced Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 869-882.
- Piyabha Kongsamut & Sergio Rebelo & Danyang Xie, 1997. "Beyond Balanced Growth," NBER Working Papers 6159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kongsamut, P. & Rebelo, S. & Xie, D., 1997. "Beyong Balanced Growth," RCER Working Papers 438, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Sergio Rebelo & Piyabha Kongsamut & Danyang Xie, 2001. "Beyond Balanced Growth," IMF Working Papers 01/85, International Monetary Fund.
- Kongsamut, Piyabha & Rebelo, Sérgio & Xie, Danyang, 1997. "Beyond Balanced Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1693, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Barry Eichengreen & Donghyun Park & Kwanho Shin, 2013. "Growth Slowdowns Redux: New Evidence on the Middle-Income Trap," NBER Working Papers 18673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feng, Qu & Wu, Guiying Laura, 2015.
"Bubble or riddle? An asset-pricing approach evaluation on China's housing market,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 376-383.
- Qu FENG & Guiying Laura WU, 2015. "Bubble or Riddle? An Asset-Pricing Approach Evaluation on China’s Housing Market," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1501, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Helmut Wagner, 2014. "Can We Expect Convergence through Monetary Integration? (New) OCA Theory versus Empirical Evidence from European Integration," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(2), pages 176-199, June.
- Maddison, Angus, 2007. "Contours of the World Economy 1-2030 AD: Essays in Macro-Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199227204.
- Thorsten Beck & Luc Laeven, 2006.
"Institution building and growth in transition economies,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 157-186, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Laeven, Luc, 2005. "Institution building and growth in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3657, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Laeven, L., 2006. "Institution building and growth in transition economies," Other publications TiSEM b872919e-8dac-46d6-9c0a-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Beck, Thorsten & Laeven, Luc, 2006. "Institution Building and Growth in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 5718, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2006.
"Rebalancing Growth in China: A Three-Handed Approach,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 14(4), pages 1-20.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2006. "Rebalancing Growth in China: A Three-Handed Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anna Jankowska & Arne Nagengast & José Ramón Perea, 2012. "The Product Space and the Middle-Income Trap: Comparing Asian and Latin American Experiences," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 311, OECD Publishing.
- Indermit Gill & Homi Kharas, 2007. "An East Asian Renaissance : Ideas for Economic Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6798.
- Yuefen Li & Bin Zhang, 2008.
"Development Path of China and India and the Challenges for their Sustainable Growth,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(10), pages 1277-1291, October.
- Li, Yuefen & Zhang, Bin, 2008. "Development Path of China and India and the Challenges for their Sustainable Growth," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Flaaen, Aaron & Ghani, Ejaz & Mishra, Saurabh, 2013. "How to avoid middle income traps ? evidence from Malaysia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6427, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glawe, Linda & Wagner, Helmut, 2016. "China in the Middle-Income Trap?," MPRA Paper 73336, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:taf:jocebs:v:15:y:2017:i:3:p:269-287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wagner, Prof. Dr. Helmut, 2016. "The Building Up of New Imbalances in China: The Dilemma with ‘Rebalancing’," MPRA Paper 71494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:iecepo:v:14:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10368-016-0360-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Linda Glawe & Helmut Wagner, 2016.
"The Middle-Income Trap: Definitions, Theories and Countries Concerned—A Literature Survey,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 58(4), pages 507-538, December.
- Glawe, Linda & Wagner, Helmut, 2016. "The middle-income trap - definitions, theories and countries concerned: a literature survey," MPRA Paper 71196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMiddle-income trap; economic development; China; structural change; tertiarization; rebalancing;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- P5 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:12:y:2015:i:2:p:165-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .