China 2030 : Building a Modern, Harmonious, and Creative Society
China's economic performance over the past 30 years has been remarkable. The report is based on the strong conviction that China has the potential to become a modern, harmonious, and creative high income society by 2030. The report proposes six strategic directions for China's new development strategy: 1) rethinking the role of the state and the private sector to encourage increased competition in the economy; 2) encouraging innovation and adopting an open innovation system with links to global research and development networks; 3) looking to green development as a significant new growth opportunity; 4) promoting equality of opportunity and social protection for all; 5) strengthening the fiscal system and improving fiscal sustainability; and 6) ensuring that China, as an international stakeholder, continues its integration with global markets.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 12925 and published in 2013.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tarhan Feyzioglu & Nathan Porter & ElÃ¶d TakÃ¡ts, 2009. "Interest Rate Liberalization in China," IMF Working Papers 09/171, International Monetary Fund.
- Friedrich Wu & Rongfang Pan & Di Wang, 2010. "Renminbi's Potential to Become a Global Currency," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(1), pages 63-81.
- Arnold, Jens M. & Javorcik, Beata S. & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2011.
"Does services liberalization benefit manufacturing firms?: Evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 136-146, September.
- Arnold, Jens & Javorcik, Beata S. & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2007. "Does services liberalization benefit manufacturing firms ? Evidence from the Czech Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4109, The World Bank.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik & Wolfgang Keller & James R. Tybout, 2006.
"Openness and Industrial Responses in a Wal-Mart World: A Case Study of Mexican Soaps, Detergents and Surfactant Producers,"
NBER Working Papers
12457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beata Javorcik & Wolfgang Keller & James Tybout, 2008. "Openness and Industrial Response in a Wal-Mart World: A Case Study of Mexican Soaps, Detergents and Surfactant Producers," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(12), pages 1558-1580, December.
- Javorcik, Beata & Keller, Wolfgang & Tybout, James, 2006. "Openness and industrial response in a Wal-Mart world : a case study of Mexican soaps, detergents, and surfactant producers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3999, The World Bank.
- Javorcik, Beata & Keller, Wolfgang & Tybout, James R, 2006. "Openness and Industrial Response in a Wal-Mart World: A Case Study of Mexican Soaps, Detergents and Surfactant Producers," CEPR Discussion Papers 5823, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2002.
"An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2909, The World Bank.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2003. "An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-466, December.
- V.N. Balasubramanyam, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment," Chapters, in: International Handbook of Development Economics, Volumes 1 & 2, chapter 39 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & D'Amato, Laura & Molinari, Andrea, 1999. "The effect of foreign entry on Argentina's domestic banking sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2158, The World Bank.
- Benedicte Vibe Christensen, 2010. "China in Africa: A Macroeconomic Perspective - Working Paper 230," Working Papers 230, Center for Global Development.
- Norton, Seth W, 1992. "Transaction Costs, Telecommunications, and the Microeconomics of Macroeconomic Growth," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 175-96, October.
- Wyplosz, Charles, 1999. "Financial Restraints and Liberalization in Postwar Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 2253, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- KC Fung & Alicia Garcia-Herrero, 2009. "A Comparative Empirical Examination of Outward Direct Investment from Four Asian Economies: China, Japan, Republic of Korea and Taiwan," Working Papers 0919, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- World Bank, 2009. "Global Economic Prospects 2009 : Commodities at the Crossroads," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2581, May.
- Coxhead, Ian & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2008. "The Rise of China and India and the Commodity Boom: Economic and Environmental Implications for Low-Income Countries," Staff Paper Series 528, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- He, Wei & Lyles, Marjorie A., 2008. "China's outward foreign direct investment," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 485-491.
- Manmohan Singh, 2011. "Making OTC Derivatives Safeâ€”A Fresh Look," IMF Working Papers 11/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Adolfo Barajas & Natalia Salazar & Roberto Steiner, 1999. "Foreign Investment in Colombiaâ€™s Financial Sector," IMF Working Papers 99/150, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:12925. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.