Bubble or Riddle? An Asset-Pricing Approach Evaluation on China’s Housing Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Feng, Qu & Wu, Guiying Laura, 2015. "Bubble or riddle? An asset-pricing approach evaluation on China's housing market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 376-383.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005.
"Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals and Misperceptions,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 67-92, Fall.
- Charles P. Himmelberg & Christopher J. Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing high house prices: bubbles, fundamentals, and misperceptions," Staff Reports 218, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Misperceptions," NBER Working Papers 11643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhang, Yanbing & Hua, Xiuping & Zhao, Liang, 2012. "Exploring determinants of housing prices: A case study of Chinese experience in 1999–2010," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2349-2361.
- James M. Poterba, 1991. "House Price Dynamics: The Role of Tax Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 143-204.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Mishra, Sagarika & Sharma, Susan & Liu, Ruipeng, 2013. "Determinants of stock price bubbles," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 661-667.
- Ren, Yu & Xiong, Cong & Yuan, Yufei, 2012. "House price bubbles in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 786-800.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2012.
"Evaluating conditions in major Chinese housing markets,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 531-543.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2010. "Evaluating Conditions in Major Chinese Housing Markets," NBER Working Papers 16189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Symposium on Bubbles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 13-18, Spring.
- Yoon, Gawon, 2012. "Some properties of periodically collapsing bubbles," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 299-302.
- Dingsheng Zhang & Wenli Cheng & Yew-Kwang Ng, 2012. "Increasing Returns, Land Use Controls and Housing Prices," Monash Economics Working Papers 12-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory C. Chow & Linlin Niu, 2015.
"Housing Prices in Urban China as Determined by Demand and Supply,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Gregory Chow & Linlin Niu, 2015. "Housing Price in Urban China as Determined by Demand and Supply," Working Papers 2015-03-09, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Bai, ChongEn & Li, Qi & Ouyang, Min, 2014. "Property taxes and home prices: A tale of two cities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 180(1), pages 1-15.
- James Poterba & Todd Sinai, 2008. "Tax Expenditures for Owner-Occupied Housing: Deductions for Property Taxes and Mortgage Interest and the Exclusion of Imputed Rental Income," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 84-89, May.
- Wu, Guiying Laura & Feng, Qu & Li, Pei, 2015.
"Does local governments’ budget deficit push up housing prices in China?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 183-196.
- Guiying Laura WU & Qu FENG & Pei LI, 2014. "Does Local Governments' Budget Deficit Push Up Housing Prices in China?," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1409, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Kim, Bong Han & Min, Hong-Ghi, 2011. "Household lending, interest rates and housing price bubbles in Korea: Regime switching model and Kalman filter approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1415-1423, May.
- Zhang, Dingsheng & Cheng, Wenli & Ng, Yew-Kwang, 2013. "Increasing returns, land use controls and housing prices in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 789-795.
- Shen, Ling, 2012. "Are house prices too high in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1206-1210.
- Marjorie Flavin & Takashi Yamashita, 2002. "Owner-Occupied Housing and the Composition of the Household Portfolio," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 345-362, March.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Xiaobo Zhang & Yin Liu, 2012. "Status Competition and Housing Prices," NBER Working Papers 18000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yang Tang & Ping Wang & Carlos Garriga, 2014. "Rural-Urban Migration, Structural Change, and Housing Markets in China," 2014 Meeting Papers 765, Society for Economic Dynamics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Day, Creina & Guest, Ross, 2016. "Fertility and female wages: A new link via house prices," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 121-132.
- Chen, W.D., 2016. "Policy failure or success? Detecting market failure in China's housing market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 109-121.
- Wen-Yuan Lin & I-Chun Tsai, 2016. "Asymmetric Fluctuating Behavior of China's Housing Prices," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Helmut Wagner, 2015. "Structural Change and Mid-Income Trap â€“ Under which conditions can China succeed in moving towards higher income status?," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 12(2), pages 165-188, December.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:53:y:2019:i:c:p:53-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Shyh-Wei & Hsu, Chi-Sheng & Xie, Zixong, 2016. "Are there periodically collapsing bubbles in the stock markets? New international evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 442-451.
- Xu Zhang & Xiaoxing Liu & Jianqin Hang & Dengbao Yao & Guangping Shi, 2016. "Do Urban Rail Transit Facilities Affect Housing Prices? Evidence from China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-14, April.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:9:p:2627-:d:228921 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Shyh-Wei & Xie, Zixiong, 2017. "Asymmetric adjustment and smooth breaks in dividend yields: Evidence from international stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 339-354.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Jing, 2015.
"Cointegration of matched home purchases and rental price indexes — Evidence from Singapore,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 80-88.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Jing Li, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes: Evidence from Singapore," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 185, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Jing Li & Badi Baltagi, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes - Evidence from Singapore," ERSA conference papers ersa15p571, European Regional Science Association.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Jing Li, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes - Evidence from Sinpagore," CESifo Working Paper Series 5559, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2386-:d:157026 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wen-Chi LIU, 2016. "Do Multiple Housing Bubbles Exist in China? Further Evidence from Generalized Sup ADF Tests," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 135-145, December.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:638-645 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Yiming & Feng, Suwei & Deng, Zhongwei & Cheng, Shuangyu, 2016. "Transit premium and rent segmentation: A spatial quantile hedonic analysis of Shanghai Metro," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 61-69.
More about this item
KeywordsHouse Prices; Asset Pricing Approach; Rent-to-Price Ratio;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2015-02-28 (China)
- NEP-SEA-2015-02-28 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2015-02-28 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2015-02-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nan:wpaper:1501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magdalene Lim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dentusg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.