Are house prices too high in China?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John M. Quigley & Steven Raphael, 2004.
"Is Housing Unaffordable? Why Isn't It More Affordable?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 191-214, Winter.
- Quigley, John M. & Raphael, Steven, 2004. "Is Housing Unaffordable? Why Isn't It More Affordable?," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt1vp9j3k0, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- SATO, Hiroshi, 2006. "Housing inequality and housing poverty in urban China in the late 1990s," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 37-50.
- Gan, Quan & Hill, Robert J., 2009.
"Measuring housing affordability: Looking beyond the median,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 115-125, June.
- Quan Gan & Robert J. Hill, 2008. "Measuring Housing Affordability: Looking Beyond the Median," Discussion Papers 2008-09, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wen-Yuan Lin & I-Chun Tsai, 2016. "Asymmetric Fluctuating Behavior of China's Housing Prices," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Zhang, Dingsheng & Cheng, Wenli & Ng, Yew-Kwang, 2013. "Increasing returns, land use controls and housing prices in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 789-795.
- Xu Zhang & Xiaoxing Liu & Jianqin Hang & Dengbao Yao & Guangping Shi, 2016. "Do Urban Rail Transit Facilities Affect Housing Prices? Evidence from China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-14, April.
- Gregory C. Chow & Linlin Niu, 2015.
"Housing Prices in Urban China as Determined by Demand and Supply,"
Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Gregory Chow & Linlin Niu, 2015. "Housing Price in Urban China as Determined by Demand and Supply," Working Papers 2015-03-09, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Feng, Qu & Wu, Guiying Laura, 2015.
"Bubble or riddle? An asset-pricing approach evaluation on China's housing market,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 376-383.
- Qu FENG & Guiying Laura WU, 2015. "Bubble or Riddle? An Asset-Pricing Approach Evaluation on China’s Housing Market," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1501, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Yongheng Deng & Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2015. "Fundamentals and the Volatility of Real Estate Prices in China: A Sequential Modelling Strategy," Working Papers 222015, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Deng, Yongheng & Girardin, Eric & Joyeux, Roselyne, 2018.
"Fundamentals and the volatility of real estate prices in China: A sequential modelling strategy,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 205-222.
- Yongheng Deng & Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2018. "Fundamentals and the volatility of real estate prices in China: A sequential modelling strategy," Post-Print hal-01996210, HAL.
- I-Chun Tsai & Shu-Hen Chiang, 2018. "Risk Transfer among Housing Markets in Major Cities in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-20, July.
- Yongsheng Jiang & Dong Zhao & Andrew Sanderford & Jing Du, 2018. "Effects of Bank Lending on Urban Housing Prices for Sustainable Development: A Panel Analysis of Chinese Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-16, February.
- Liang, Wenquan & Lu, Ming & Zhang, Hang, 2016. "Housing prices raise wages: Estimating the unexpected effects of land supply regulation in China," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 70-81.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2016.
"Evaluating the risk of Chinese housing markets: What we know and what we need to know,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 91-114.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2015. "Evaluating the Risk of Chinese Housing Markets: What We Know and What We Need to Know," NBER Working Papers 21346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chunhui Liu & Weixuan Song, 2019. "Perspectives of Socio-Spatial Differentiation from Soaring Housing Prices: A Case Study in Nanjing, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-16, May.
- Huang, Daisy J. & Leung, Charles K. & Qu, Baozhi, 2015.
"Do bank loans and local amenities explain Chinese urban house prices?,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 19-38.
- Daisy J. Huang & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Baozhi Qu, 2015. "Do bank loans and local amenities explain Chinese urban house prices," ISER Discussion Paper 0928, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Daisy J. Huang & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Baozhi Qu, 2015. "Do bank loans and local amenities explain Chinese urban house prices?," Globalization Institute Working Papers 230, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Mar 2015.
- Huang, Daisy J. & Leung, Charles K. & Qu, Baozhi, 2015. "Do bank loans and local amenities explain Chinese urban house prices?," MPRA Paper 62853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Lei & Li, Shouwei & Wang, Jining & Meng, Yi, 2020. "Real estate bubbles in a bank-real estate loan network model integrating economic cycle and macro-prudential stress testing," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 542(C).
- Sun, Tianyu & Chand, Satish & Sharpe, Keiran, 2018. "Effect of Aging on Urban Land Prices in China," MPRA Paper 89237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Keyang & Qin, Yu & Wu, Jing, 2020. "Recent housing affordability in urban China: A comprehensive overview," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:380:d:68415 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHousing affordability; Price-to-income ratio; Growth; China;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
- E64 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Incomes Policy; Price Policy
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:23:y:2012:i:4:p:1206-1210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.