An assessment of sustainable housing affordability using a multiple criteria decision making method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ball, J'Noel & Srinivasan, Venkat C, 1994. "Using the Analytic Hierarchy Process in House Selection," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 69-85, July.
- Zavadskas, E. K. & Kaklauskas, A. & Banaitis, A. & Kvederyte, N., 2004. "Housing credit access model: The case for Lithuania," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 335-352, June.
- Amy S. Bogdon & Ayse Can, 1997. "Indicators of Local Housing Affordability: Comparative and Spatial Approaches," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 43-80.
- Vida Maliene & Joseph Howe & Naglis Malys, 2008. "Sustainable Communities: Affordable Housing and Socio-economic Relations," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 23(4), pages 267-276, November.
- Peter Howley & Mark Scott & Declan Redmond, 2009. "Sustainability versus liveability: an investigation of neighbourhood satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(6), pages 847-864.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans & Philippe Vincke, 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: the Prométhée method," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9307, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brans, J. P. & Vincke, Ph. & Mareschal, B., 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: The method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 228-238, February.
- Banaitiene, Nerija & Banaitis, Audrius & Kaklauskas, Arturas & Zavadskas, Edmundas Kazimieras, 2008. "Evaluating the life cycle of a building: A multivariant and multiple criteria approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 429-441, June.
- Lynn M. Fisher & Henry O. Pollakowski & Jeffrey Zabel, 2009. "Amenity-Based Housing Affordability Indexes," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 705-746.
- Hajkowicz, Stefan & Higgins, Andrew, 2008. "A comparison of multiple criteria analysis techniques for water resource management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 255-265, January.
- Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Multicriteria decision aid in financial management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 404-415, December.
- Yoram Wind & Thomas L. Saaty, 1980. "Marketing Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 641-658, July.
- Zanakis, Stelios H. & Solomon, Anthony & Wishart, Nicole & Dublish, Sandipa, 1998. "Multi-attribute decision making: A simulation comparison of select methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 507-529, June.
- Guitouni, Adel & Martel, Jean-Marc, 1998. "Tentative guidelines to help choosing an appropriate MCDA method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 501-521, September.
- Mark Robinson & Grant M. Scobie & Brian Hallinan, 2006. "Affordability of Housing: Concepts, Measurement and Evidence," Treasury Working Paper Series 06/03, New Zealand Treasury.
- Nessa Winston, 2010. "Regeneration for sustainable communities? Barriers to implementing sustainable housing in urban areas," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 319-330, November/.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1387-:d:144020 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suzaini Mohamed Zaid, 2015. "Measuring Operational Affordability of Public Low-Cost Housing in Kuala Lumpur. Case study of People?s Housing Programme Public Low-Cost Housing in Kuala Lumpur," International Journal of Social Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 54-74, November.
- Edmundas Kazimieras Zavadskas & Romualdas Baušys & Marius Lazauskas, 2015. "Sustainable Assessment of Alternative Sites for the Construction of a Waste Incineration Plant by Applying WASPAS Method with Single-Valued Neutrosophic Set," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-14, December.
- Suzaini Zaid, 2015. "Is Public Low-Cost Housing in Malaysia really affordable? Measuring Operational Affordability of Public Low-Cost Housing in Kuala Lumpur," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2703638, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:151:d:63586 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gawlik Remigiusz & Głuszak Michał & Małkowska Agnieszka, 2017.
"The Measurement of Housing Preferences in the Analytic Hierarchy Process,"
Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia,
Sciendo, vol. 17(1), pages 31-43, June.
- Gawlik, Remigiusz, 2016. "The measurement of housing preferences in the Analytic Hierarchy Process," MPRA Paper 79944, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2016.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1491-:d:109237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isalou, Ali A. & Litman, Todd & Shahmoradi, Behzad, 2014. "Testing the housing and transportation affordability index in a developing world context: A sustainability comparison of central and suburban districts in Qom, Iran," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 33-39.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:45-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:702-:d:97103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Corinna Salzer & Holger Wallbaum & Luis Felipe Lopez & Jean Luc Kouyoumji, 2016. "Sustainability of Social Housing in Asia: A Holistic Multi-Perspective Development Process for Bamboo-Based Construction in the Philippines," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-26, February.
- Mardani, Abbas & Zavadskas, Edmundas Kazimieras & Khalifah, Zainab & Zakuan, Norhayati & Jusoh, Ahmad & Nor, Khalil Md & Khoshnoudi, Masoumeh, 2017. "A review of multi-criteria decision-making applications to solve energy management problems: Two decades from 1995 to 2015," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 216-256.
- Mulliner, Emma & Malys, Naglis & Maliene, Vida, 2016. "Comparative analysis of MCDM methods for the assessment of sustainable housing affordability," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 59(PB), pages 146-156.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:12:p:15923-15936:d:59755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charoenkit, Sasima & Kumar, S., 2014. "Environmental sustainability assessment tools for low carbon and climate resilient low income housing settlements," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 509-525.
More about this item
KeywordsAffordability; Affordable housing; COPRAS; Multiple criteria decision making (MCDM); Sustainable communities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:2:p:270-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.