The Transmission of Bank Funding to Corporate Loans: Deleveraging in Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blum, Jürg M., 2008.
"Why 'Basel II' may need a leverage ratio restriction,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1699-1707, August.
- Jürg M. Blum, 2007. "Why 'Basel II' May Need a Leverage Ratio Restriction," Working Papers 2007-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Kayo, Eduardo K. & Kimura, Herbert, 2011. "Hierarchical determinants of capital structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 358-371, February.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds, and The Real Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 663-691.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," Working papers 95-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Holmström, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," IDEI Working Papers 40, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Andrew Benito & John Whitley, 2003. "Implicit interest rates and corporate balance sheets: an analysis using aggregate and disaggregated UK data," Bank of England working papers 193, Bank of England.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Hainz, Christa, 2013.
"The effect of banking regulation on cross-border lending,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1310-1322.
- Christa Hainz & Jarko Fidrmuc, 2012. "The Effect of Banking Regulation on Cross-Border Lending," ifo Working Paper Series 140, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- López-Espinosa, Germán & Moreno, Antonio & Rubia, Antonio & Valderrama, Laura, 2012.
"Short-term wholesale funding and systemic risk: A global CoVaR approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3150-3162.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Short-Term Wholesale Funding and Systemic Risk; A Global Covar Approach," IMF Working Papers 12/46, International Monetary Fund.
- GermÃ¡n LÃ³pez-Espinosa & Antonio Moreno & Antonio Rubia & Laura Valderrama, 2012. "Short-term Wholesale Funding and Systemic Risk: A Global CoVaR Approach," Faculty Working Papers 02/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Rime, Bertrand, 2001. "Capital requirements and bank behaviour: Empirical evidence for Switzerland," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 789-805, April.
- Dewally, Michaël & Shao, Yingying, 2014. "Liquidity crisis, relationship lending and corporate finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 223-239.
- John H. Cochrane, 2013. "Finance: Function Matters, Not Size," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 29-50, Spring.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2000.
"A Theory of Bank Capital,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2431-2465, December.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "A Theory of Bank Capital," CRSP working papers 363, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1999. "A Theory of Bank Capital," NBER Working Papers 7431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas F. Cosimano & Dalia S Hakura, 2011. "Bank Behavior in Response to Basel Iii; A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 11/119, International Monetary Fund.
- Eric van Wincoop, 2013.
"International Contagion through Leveraged Financial Institutions,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 152-189, July.
- Eric van Wincoop, 2011. "International Contagion Through Leveraged Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 17686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Craig, Ben R. & Dinger, Valeriya, 2013.
"Deposit market competition, wholesale funding, and bank risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3605-3622.
- Craig, B.R. & Dinger, V., 2010. "Deposit Market Competition, Wholesale Funding, and Bank Risk," Discussion Paper 2010-65S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2009. "Deciphering the Liquidity and Credit Crunch 2007-2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1995.
"A welfare comparison of intermediaries and financial markets in Germany and the US,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 179-209, February.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1994. "A welfare comparison of intermediaries and financial markets in Germany and the U.S," Working Papers 95-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1992. " Insiders and Outsiders: The Choice between Informed and Arm's-Length Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1367-1400, September.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1992. "Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1137-1170, June.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Korting, Timm, 1998. "Lending relationships in Germany - Empirical evidence from survey data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1317-1353, October.
- Ivashina, Victoria & Scharfstein, David, 2010. "Bank lending during the financial crisis of 2008," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 319-338, September.
- Bester, Helmut, 1985. "Screening vs. Rationing in Credit Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 850-855, September.
- Hyun, Jung-Soon & Rhee, Byung-Kun, 2011. "Bank capital regulation and credit supply," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 323-330, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kapounek, Svatopluk & Kučerová, Zuzana & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 2017.
"Lending conditions in EU: The role of credit demand and supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 285-293.
- Svatopluk Kapounek, 2017. "Lending Conditions in EU: The Role of Credit Demand and Supply," Working Papers 362, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- repec:kap:openec:v:29:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11079-018-9483-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vahagn Galstyan & Adnan Velic, 2018.
"International Investment Patterns: the Case of German Sectors,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 665-685, July.
- Vahagn Galstyan & Adnan Velic, 2017. "International Investment Patterns: The Case of German Sectors," Trinity Economics Papers tep0217, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsBank lending; Leverage; Financial regulation; Basel III; G21; G28; C33;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:26:y:2015:i:3:p:581-597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.