The Macroeconomic Effects of Large Exchange Rate Appreciations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2013. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Large Exchange Rate Appreciations," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 471-494.
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2011. "The macroeconomic effects of large exchange rate appreciations," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-016, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Marcus Kappler & Helmut Reisen & Moritz Schularick & Edouard Turkisch, 2011. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Large Exchange Rate Appreciations," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 296, OECD Publishing.
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2011. "The macroeconomic effects of large exchange rate appreciations," Discussion Papers 2011/3, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:openec:v:29:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11079-017-9457-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arabinda Basistha & Sheida Teimouri, 2015. "Currency Crises and Output Dynamics," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 139-153, February.
- Erick Lahura & Marco Vega, 2013. "Asymmetric effects of FOREX intervention using intraday data: evidence from Peru," BIS Working Papers 430, Bank for International Settlements.
- Projektgruppe Gemeinschaftsdiagnose, 2011. "Gemeinschaftsdiagnose Frühjahr 2011: Aufschwung setzt sich fort - Europäische Schuldenkrise noch ungelöst," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 64(08), pages 03-63, April.
- Gervais, Olivier & Schembri, Lawrence & Suchanek, Lena, 2016. "Current account dynamics, real exchange rate adjustment, and the exchange rate regime in emerging-market economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 86-99.
- Muneesh Kapur & Rakesh Mohan, 2014. "India’s Recent Macroeconomic Performance; An Assessment and Way Forward," IMF Working Papers 14/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Dai, Meixing, 2011.
"Motivations and strategies for a real revaluation of the Yuan,"
30440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meixing Dai, 2011. "Motivations and strategies for a real revaluation of the Yuan," Working Papers of BETA 2011-23, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Matthieu Bussière & Claude Lopez & Cédric Tille, 2015.
"Do real exchange rate appreciations matter for growth?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(81), pages 5-45.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Lopez, Claude & Tille, Cédric, 2014. "Do real exchange rate appreciations matter for growth?," Kiel Working Papers 1922, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bussière, Matthieu & Lopez, Claude & Tille, Cédric, 2014. "Do Real Exchange Rate Appreciations Matter for Growth?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9938, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthieu Bussière & Claude Lopez & Cédric Tille, 2014. "Do Real Exchange Rate Appreciations Matter for Growth?," IHEID Working Papers 06-2014, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Farid Makhlouf & Mazhar Mughal, 2013.
"Remittances, Dutch Disease, And Competitiveness: A Bayesian Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 67-97, June.
- Mazhar Yasin MUGHAL & Farid MAKHLOUF, 2011. "Remittances, Dutch Disease, and Competitiveness - A Bayesian Analysis," Working Papers 2011-2012_1, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Dec 2011.
- Christoph Fischer & Oliver Hossfeld & Karin Radeck, 2018.
"On the Suitability of Alternative Competitiveness Indicators for Explaining Real Exports of Advanced Economies,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 119-139, February.
- Fischer, Christoph & Hossfeld, Oliver & Radeck, Karin, 2016. "On the suitability of alternative competitiveness indicators for explaining real exports of advanced economies," Discussion Papers 36/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Habib, Maurizio Michael & Mileva, Elitza & Stracca, Livio, 2017.
"The real exchange rate and economic growth: Revisiting the case using external instruments,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 73(PB), pages 386-398.
- Stracca, Livio & Mileva, Elitza & Habib, Maurizio Michael, 2016. "The real exchange rate and economic growth: revisiting the case using external instruments," Working Paper Series 1921, European Central Bank.
- BAHMANI-OSKOOEE, Mohsen & Mohammadian, Amirhossein, 2017. "On the Relation between Domestic Output and Exchange Rate in 68 Countries: An Asymmetry Analysis," MPRA Paper 82939, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Apr 2017.
- Chen Fang & Cheng-te Lee, 2014. "Coexistence of Sustained External Imbalance and Real Exchange Rate Misalignment: The Underlying Fundamentals," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1714-1722.
- Barry Eichengreen & Andrew K. Rose, 2012.
"Flexing Your Muscles: Abandoning a Fixed Exchange Rate for Greater Flexibility,"
NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 353-391.
- Barry Eichengreen & Andrew K. Rose, 2011. "Flexing Your Muscles: Abandoning a Fixed Exchange Rate for Greater Flexibility," NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2011, pages 353-391 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guangfeng Zhang & Ronald MacDonald, 2014. "Real Exchange Rates, the Trade Balance and Net Foreign Assets: Long-Run Relationships and Measures of Misalignment," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 635-653, September.
- Sauré, Philip, 2017. "Time-intensive R&D and unbalanced trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 229-244.
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2011. "Die makroökonomischen Effekte ausgeprägter Währungsaufwertungen," ZEW Wachstums- und Konjunkturanalysen, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, vol. 14(1), pages 6-7.
- Erler, Alexander & Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard, 2015. "To intervene, or not to intervene: Monetary policy and the costs of currency crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 432-456.
- Gunther Schnabl, 2015. "Foreign Currency Denominated Assets and International Shock Absorption in Switzerland and Japan," CESifo Working Paper Series 5624, CESifo Group Munich.
- Teng, Faxin & Meier, Claudia & Kamenev, Dmitry & Klein, Martin, 2011.
"Trade integration,restructuring and global imbalances --A tale of two countries,"
31946, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teng, Faxin & Kamenev, Dmitry & Meier, Claudia & Klein, Martin, 2011. "Trade integration, restructuring and global imbalances: A tale of two countries," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 16, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Erler, Alexander & Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard, 2014. "Defending against speculative attacks – It is risky, but it can pay off," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 309-330.
- Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Sallenave, Audrey, 2014.
"The impact of real exchange rates adjustments on global imbalances: A multilateral approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 149-163.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret & Audrey Sallenave, 2014. "The impact of real exchange rates adjustments on global imbalances: a multilateral approach," Post-Print hal-01385910, HAL.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Amirhossein Mohammadian, 2016. "Asymmetry Effects of Exchange Rate Changes on Domestic Production: Evidence from Nonlinear ARDL Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 181-191, September.
- Victor Pontines & Reza Siregar, 2012. "Episodes of large exchange rate appreciations and reserves accumulations in selected Asian economies: Is fear of appreciations justified?," CAMA Working Papers 2012-31, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrent account adjustment; Global imbalances; Exchange rate adjustment; Real exchange rates; F4; F31; F32; N10; O16;
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:24:y:2013:i:3:p:471-494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.