Resolving the Global Imbalance: The Dollar and the U.S. Saving Rate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004. "Social Interaction and Stock-Market Participation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 137-163, February.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2002. "The Political Economy of Hatred," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1970, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2002. "The Political Economy of Hatred," NBER Working Papers 9171, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sendhil Mullainathan & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "The Market for News," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1031-1053, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:96:y:2002:i:01:p:57-73_00 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2013.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Large Exchange Rate Appreciations,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 471-494.
- Marcus Kappler & Helmut Reisen & Moritz Schularick & Edouard Turkisch, 2013. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Large Exchange Rate Appreciations," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 471-494, July.
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2011. "The macroeconomic effects of large exchange rate appreciations," Discussion Papers 2011/3, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Kappler, Marcus & Reisen, Helmut & Schularick, Moritz & Turkisch, Edouard, 2011. "The macroeconomic effects of large exchange rate appreciations," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-016, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Marcus Kappler & Helmut Reisen & Moritz Schularick & Edouard Turkisch, 2011. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Large Exchange Rate Appreciations," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 296, OECD Publishing.
- Naphon Phumma, 2014. "Neoliberalism and the global imbalances: the neo-Gramscian approach," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2014_04, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Cosimo Pancaro & Christian Saborowski, 2016.
"Current Account Reversals in Industrial Countries: does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 107-130, April.
- Pancaro, Cosimo, 2013. "Current account reversals in industrial countries: does the exchange rate regime matter?," Working Paper Series 1547, European Central Bank.
- P. Butzen & W. Melyn & W. Vandevyvere, 2010. "Rebalancing global demand," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue ii, pages 21-38, September.
- Balicki Artur, 2011. "Global Imbalances - Their Sustainability and the Role of the Dollar," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, De Gruyter Open, vol. 10(1), pages 99-109, January.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Sjögren, Tomas, 2014.
"Tax policy and present-biased preferences: Paternalism under international capital mobility,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 298-316.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Sjögren, Tomas, 2011. "Tax Policy and Present-Biased Preferences: Paternalism under International Capital Mobility," Umeå Economic Studies 833, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Gunther Schnabl & Stephan Freitag, 2012. "Determinants of Global and Intra-European Imbalances," Global Financial Markets Working Paper Series 25-2011, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Marie-Louise DJIGBENOU-KRE & Hail Park, 2015. "The Effects of Global Liquidity on Global Imbalances," Working Papers 2015-23, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Lizardo Radhames A & Mollick Andre Varella, 2010. "The Sustainability of the U.S. Current Account Deficit: Revisiting Mann's Rule," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-21, January.
- Zongxin Qian, 2011. "Global Imbalance, Excess Liquidity and Financial Risk in China," Chapters,in: The Economic Crisis and European Integration, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hoffmann, Mathias & Krause, Michael U. & Laubach, Thomas, 2013.
"The expectations-driven US current account,"
10/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Krause, Michael & Hoffmann, Mathias & Laubach, Thomas, 2013. "The Expectations-Driven U.S. Current Account," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79854, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Shahrokhi, Manuchehr, 2011. "The Global Financial Crises of 2007–2010 and the future of capitalism," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 193-210.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak & Nancy Marion, 2014.
"China’s Growth, Stability, and Use of International Reserves,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 407-428, July.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak & Nancy P. Marion, 2013. "China's Growth, Stability, and Use of International Reserves," NBER Working Papers 19739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Constance E., 2011.
"External balance adjustment: An intra-national and international comparison,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1195-1213, October.
- Smith, Constance, 2011. "External Balance Adjustment: An Intra-National and International Comparison," Working Papers 2011-13, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Hoffmann, Mathias & Krause, Michael U. & Laubach, Thomas, 2011.
"Long-run growth expectations and "global imbalances","
CFS Working Paper Series
2011/01, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Hoffmann, Mathias & Krause, Michael & Laubach, Thomas, 2011. "Long-run growth expectations and 'global imbalances'," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Salotti, Simone, 2008. "Global imbalances and household savings: the role of wealth," MPRA Paper 17729, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Liu, Kai & Zhou, Xuan, 2015. "The U.S. Dollar and Global Imbalances," MPRA Paper 64786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 2015.
"The internationalization of the RMB, capital market openness, and financial reforms in China,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
4/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Joshua Aizenman, 2015. "The Internationalization of the RMB, Capital Market Openness, and Financial Reforms in China," NBER Working Papers 20943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Virginie Coudert, 2009. "Mythes et réalités de la « zone dollar »," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 94(1), pages 151-169.
- Chiu, Yi-Bin & Sun, Chia-Hung D., 2016. "The role of savings rate in exchange rate and trade imbalance nexus: Cross-countries evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 1017-1025.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2012. "Global imbalances, cross-market linkages, and the financial crisis: A multivariate Markov-switching analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 943-973.
- DJIGBENOU-KRE, Marie-Louise & Park, Hail, 2016. "The effects of global liquidity on global imbalances," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-12.
- Yusuf Ekrem Akbas & Fuat Lebe, 2016. "Current Account Deficit, Budget Deficit and Saving Gap: Is the Twin or Triplet Deficit Hypothesis Valid in G7 Countries?," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(3), pages 271-286.
- Krishnakumar S, 2015. "Global Imbalances and Bretton Woods II Postulate," Working Papers id:6567, eSocialSciences.
- Vincent C.S. Lim & Victor Pontines, 2012. "Global Imbalances: A Primer," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp86.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:2792081. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .