The making of active boards in Swedish public companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henrekson, Magnus & Jakobsson, Ulf, 2001.
"The Transformation of Ownership Policy and Structure in Sweden: Convergence towards the Anglo-Saxon Model?,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
469, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 19 Sep 2002.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Jakobsson, Ulf, 2001. "The Transformation of Ownership Policy and Structure in Sweden: Convergence towards the Anglo-Saxon Model?," Working Paper Series 566, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Philip Stiles & Bernard Taylor, 1996. "The Strategic Role of the Board," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 3-10, January.
- Kenneth V. Peasnell & Peter F. Pope & Steven Young, 2003. "Managerial Equity Ownership and the Demand for Outside Directors," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(2), pages 231-250.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1113-1155, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jonnergård, Karin & Kärreman, Matts, 2004. "The impact of changes in the corporate governance system on the boards of directors experiences from Swedish listed companies," Working Paper Series 2003/9, Lund University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Fabio Zona & Alessandro Zattoni, 2007. "Beyond the Black Box of Demography: board processes and task effectiveness within Italian firms," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 852-864, September.
- Winfried Ruigrok & Simon Peck & Sabina Tacheva & Peder Greve & Yan Hu, 2006. "The Determinants and Effects of Board Nomination Committees," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 10(2), pages 119-148, May.
- Klein, April, 1998. "Firm Performance and Board Committee Structure," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 275-303, April.
- Paul Collier & Mahbub Zaman, 2005. "Convergence in European Corporate Governance: the audit committee concept," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 753-768, November.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Peter Hogfeldt, 2005. "The History and Politics of Corporate Ownership in Sweden," NBER Chapters,in: A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers, pages 517-580 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David W. Anderson & Stewart J. Melanson & Jiri Maly, 2007. "The Evolution of Corporate Governance: power redistribution brings boards to life," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 780-797, September.
- C. B. Ingley & N. T. Van der Walt, 2001. "The Strategic Board: the changing role of directors in developing and maintaining corporate capability," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 174-185, July.
- Eric Helland & Michael Sykuta, 2005. "Who's Monitoring the Monitor? Do Outside Directors Protect Shareholders' Interests?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 40(2), pages 155-172, May.
- N. Venkatraman & Lawrence Loh & Jeongsuk Koh, 1994. "The Adoption of Corporate Governance Mechanisms: A Test of Competing Diffusion Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(4), pages 496-507, April.
- Park, Yun W. & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2004. "Board composition and earnings management in Canada," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 431-457, June.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randoy, Trond, 2003.
"The impact of foreign board membership on firm value,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2369-2392, December.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond, 2001. "The Impact of Foreign Board Membership on Firm Value," Working Paper Series 567, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- William B. Stevenson & Robert F. Radin, 2009. "Social Capital and Social Influence on the Board of Directors," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 16-44, January.
- Ann C. Mooney & Patricia J. Holahan & Allen C. Amason, 2007. "Don't Take It Personally: Exploring Cognitive Conflict as a Mediator of Affective Conflict," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(5), pages 733-758, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9362-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kallifatides, Markus & Petrelius Karlberg, Pernilla, 2012. "What makes for a value-creating corporate board? A literature synthesis and suggestions for research," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2012:1, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 25 Jun 2013.
- Collin, Sven-Olof Yrjö & Ahlberg, Jenny, 2012. "Blood in the boardroom: Family relationships influencing the functions of the board," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 207-219.
- Szymon Kaczmarek & Satomi Kimino & Annie Pye, 2014. "Interlocking directorships and firm performance in highly regulated sectors: the moderating impact of board diversity," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(2), pages 347-372, May.
More about this item
KeywordsBoard of directors; Board activities; Board involvement; Board composition; Board networks; Institutional theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:15:y:2011:i:1:p:123-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.