The making of active boards in Swedish public companies
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric Helland & Michael Sykuta, 2005. "Who's Monitoring the Monitor? Do Outside Directors Protect Shareholders' Interests?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 40(2), pages 155-172, 05.
- N. Venkatraman & Lawrence Loh & Jeongsuk Koh, 1994. "The Adoption of Corporate Governance Mechanisms: A Test of Competing Diffusion Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(4), pages 496-507, April.
- David W. Anderson & Stewart J. Melanson & Jiri Maly, 2007. "The Evolution of Corporate Governance: power redistribution brings boards to life," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 780-797, 09.
- Klein, April, 1998. "Firm Performance and Board Committee Structure," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 275-303, April.
- C. B. Ingley & N. T. Van der Walt, 2001. "The Strategic Board: the changing role of directors in developing and maintaining corporate capability," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 174-185, 07.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, .
"Law and Finance,"
19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Jakobsson, Ulf, 2001.
"The Transformation of Ownership Policy and Structure in Sweden: Convergence towards the Anglo-Saxon Model?,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
469, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 19 Sep 2002.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Jakobsson, Ulf, 2001. "The Transformation of Ownership Policy and Structure in Sweden: Convergence towards the Anglo-Saxon Model?," Working Paper Series 566, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Peter Hogfeldt, 2005. "The History and Politics of Corporate Ownership in Sweden," NBER Chapters, in: A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers, pages 517-580 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann C. Mooney & Patricia J. Holahan & Allen C. Amason, 2007. "Don't Take It Personally: Exploring Cognitive Conflict as a Mediator of Affective Conflict," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(5), pages 733-758, 07.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond, 2001.
"The Impact of Foreign Board Membership on Firm Value,"
Working Paper Series
567, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randoy, Trond, 2003. "The impact of foreign board membership on firm value," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2369-2392, December.
- William B. Stevenson & Robert F. Radin, 2009. "Social Capital and Social Influence on the Board of Directors," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 16-44, 01.
- Philip Stiles & Bernard Taylor, 1996. "The Strategic Role of the Board," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 3-10, 01.
- Park, Yun W. & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2004. "Board composition and earnings management in Canada," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 431-457, June.
- Jonnergård, Karin & Kärreman, Matts, 2004. "The impact of changes in the corporate governance system on the boards of directors experiences from Swedish listed companies," Working Paper Series 2003/9, Lund University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kenneth V. Peasnell & Peter F. Pope & Steven Young, 2003. "Managerial Equity Ownership and the Demand for Outside Directors," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(2), pages 231-250.
- Fabio Zona & Alessandro Zattoni, 2007. "Beyond the Black Box of Demography: board processes and task effectiveness within Italian firms," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 852-864, 09.
- Paul Collier & Mahbub Zaman, 2005. "Convergence in European Corporate Governance: the audit committee concept," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 753-768, November.
- Winfried Ruigrok & Simon Peck & Sabina Tacheva & Peder Greve & Yan Hu, 2006. "The Determinants and Effects of Board Nomination Committees," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 119-148, 05.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:15:y:2011:i:1:p:123-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.