Why Adopt Codes of Good Governance? A Comparison of Institutional and Efficiency Perspectives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gugler, Klaus (ed.), 2001. "Corporate Governance and Economic Performance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245703.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomasz Mickiewicz, 2009.
"Hierarchy of governance institutions and the pecking order of privatisation: Central-Eastern Europe and Central Asia reconsidered,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 399-423.
- Tomasz Marek Mickiewicz, 2008. "Hierarchy of Governance Institutions and the Pecking Order of Privatisation: Central-Eastern Europe and Central Asia Reconsidered," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 90, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES), revised Jul 2009.
- Terence M. Garrett & Arthur Sementelli, 2012. "Knowledge production: public management and the market spectacle," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(7), pages 456-473, June.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2011. "Quelle théorie pour la gouvernance?De la gouvernance actionnariale à la gouvernance cognitive et comportementale," Working Papers CREGO 1110402, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- repec:bla:jomstd:v:54:y:2017:i:3:p:261-303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cirillo, Alessandro & Mussolino, Donata & Romano, Mauro & Viganò, Riccardo, 2017. "A complicated relationship: Family involvement in the top management team and post-IPO survival," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 42-56.
- Pugliese, A. & Bezemer, P.J. & Zattoni, A. & Huse, M. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2009. "Boards of Directors’ Contribution to Strategy: A Literature Review and Research Agenda," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-013-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Cristina Alexandrina Stefanescu, 2011. "Transparency And Disclosure In European Corporate Governance Codes – Does Issuer Matter?," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 94-108, April.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:556-:d:132803 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Bessire, 2009. "Normes comptables, normes prudentielles et normes de gouvernance : « la colonisation du monde vécu par les systèmes techniques »," Post-Print halshs-00460621, HAL.
- Idoya Ferrero Ferrero & Robert Ackrill, 2016. "Europeanization and the Soft Law Process of EU Corporate Governance: How has the 2003 Action Plan Impacted on National Corporate Governance Codes? See Online Appendix Table," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 878-895, July.
- Tariq, Yasir Bin & Abbas, Zaheer, 2013. "Compliance and multidimensional firm performance: Evaluating the efficacy of rule-based code of corporate governance," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 565-575.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9352-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haar, Brigitte, 2016. "Shareholder wealth vs. stakeholder interests? Evidence from code compliance under the German corporate governance code," SAFE Working Paper Series 154, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Sudi Sudarsanam & Tim Broadhurst, 2012. "Corporate governance convergence in Germany through shareholder activism: Impact of the Deutsche Boerse bid for London Stock Exchange," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(2), pages 235-268, May.
- Idoya Ferrero-Ferrero & María Ángeles Fernández-Izquierdo & María Jesús Muñoz-Torres, 2016. "The Effect of Environmental, Social and Governance Consistency on Economic Results," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Emilia Tomczyk & Maria Aluchna, 2015. "Shareholder structure and compliance with the board best practice: econometric analysis," Applied Econometrics Papers, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 51-75.
- repec:zbw:espost:173674 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adegbite, Emmanuel, 2015. "Good corporate governance in Nigeria: Antecedents, propositions and peculiarities," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 319-330.
- Pugliese, Amedeo & Minichilli, Alessandro & Zattoni, Alessandro, 2014. "Integrating agency and resource dependence theory: Firm profitability, industry regulation, and board task performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1189-1200.
- William Q. Judge & Michael A. Witt & Alessandro Zattoni & Till Talaulicar & Jean Jinghan Chen & Krista Lewellyn & Helen Wei Hu & Dhirendra Shukla & R. Greg Bell (Robert) & Jonas Gabrielsson & Felix Lo, 2015. "Corporate governance and IPO underpricing in a cross-national sample: A multilevel knowledge-based view," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(8), pages 1174-1185, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:corgov:v:16:y:2008:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.