The impact of geographic diversification on export performance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerrit de Wit & Haibo Zhou, 2009. "Determinants and dimensions of firm growth," Scales Research Reports H200903, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Bobillo, Alfredo M. & López-Iturriaga, Felix & Tejerina-Gaite, Fernando, 2010. "Firm performance and international diversification: The internal and external competitive advantages," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 607-618, December.
- Leonidou, Leonidas C. & Katsikeas, Constantine S. & Coudounaris, Dafnis N., 2010. "Five decades of business research into exporting: A bibliographic analysis," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 78-91, March.
- Matanda, Margaret Jekanyika & Freeman, Susan, 2009. "Effect of perceived environmental uncertainty on exporter-importer inter-organisational relationships and export performance improvement," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 89-107, February.
- shepherd, Ben, 2010.
"Geographical Diversification of Developing Country Exports,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1217-1228, September.
- Shepherd, Ben, 2008. "Geographical Diversification of Developing Country Exports," MPRA Paper 11267, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Preece, Stephen B. & Miles, Grant & Baetz, Mark C., 1999. "Explaining the international intensity and global diversity of early-stage technology-based firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 259-281, May.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004.
"A perspective on regional and global strategies of multinational enterprises,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "A Perspective on Regional and Global Strategies of Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 2004-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Vincenzo Verardi & Joachim Wagner, 2012.
"Productivity Premia for German Manufacturing Firms Exporting to the Euro-Area and Beyond: First Evidence from Robust Fixed Effects Estimations,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(6), pages 694-712, June.
- Vincenzo Verardi & Joachim Wagner, 2010. "Productivity premia for German manufacturing firms exporting to the Euro-area and beyond: First evidence from robust fixed effects estimations," Working Paper Series in Economics 172, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Verardi, Vincenzo & Wagner, Joachim, 2010. "Productivity Premia for German Manufacturing Firms Exporting to the Euro-Area and Beyond: First Evidence from Robust Fixed Effects Estimations," IZA Discussion Papers 4964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marian V Jones & Nicole E Coviello, 2005. "Internationalisation: conceptualising an entrepreneurial process of behaviour in time," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(3), pages 284-303, May.
- Robert M. Salomon & J. Myles Shaver, 2005. "Learning by Exporting: New Insights from Examining Firm Innovation," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 431-460, June.
- Pangarkar, Nitin, 2008. "Internationalization and performance of small- and medium-sized enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 475-485, October.
- Leonidou, Leonidas C. & Katsikeas, Constantine S. & Samiee, Saeed, 2002. "Marketing strategy determinants of export performance: a meta-analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 51-67, January.
- Kuivalainen, Olli & Sundqvist, Sanna & Servais, Per, 2007. "Firms' degree of born-globalness, international entrepreneurial orientation and export performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 253-267, September.
- Acedo, Francisco J. & Jones, Marian V., 2007. "Speed of internationalization and entrepreneurial cognition: Insights and a comparison between international new ventures, exporters and domestic firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 236-252, September.
- Lages, Luis Filipe & Lages, Carmen & Lages, Cristiana Raquel, 2004. "Main Consequences of Prior Export Performance Results: An Exploratory Study of European Exporters," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp445, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Zucchella, Antonella & Palamara, G. & Denicolai, S., 2007. "The drivers of the early internationalization of the firm," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 268-280, September.
- Khavul, Susanna & Pérez-Nordtvedt, Liliana & Wood, Eric, 2010. "Organizational entrainment and international new ventures from emerging markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 104-119, January.
- Cabrol, Mathieu & Nlemvo, Frederic, 2009. "The internationalisation of French new ventures: The case of the Rhone-Alps region," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 255-267, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vissak, Tiia & Masso, Jaan, 2015. "Export patterns: Typology development and application to Estonian data," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 652-664.
- Stephanie Fernhaber, 2013. "Untangling the relationship between new venture internationalization and performance," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 220-242, September.
- Desislava Dikova & Andreja Jaklic & Anze Burger & Aliaz Kuncic, 2014.
"Export diversity or focus? What strategy is best for first-time internationalizing SMEs from an emerging market?,"
Working Papers/Institute for International Business
iibp1, Institute for International Business.
- Dikova, Desislava & Jaklic, Andreja & Burger, Anze & Kuncic, Aljaz, 2014. "Export diversity or focus? What strategy is best for first-time internationalizing SMEs from an emerging market?," Working Papers/Institute for International Business 4171, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Sarah Casey & Robert Hamilton, 2014. "Export performance of small firms from small countries: The case of New Zealand," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 254-269, September.
- Šárka Zapletalová, 2015. "Internationalization Process of Entrepreneurial Activities: A Comparative Study of Czech Companies," Working Papers 0018, Silesian University, School of Business Administration.
- Cieślik, Jerzy & Kaciak, Eugene & Thongpapanl, Narongsak (Tek), 2015. "Effect of export experience and market scope strategy on export performance: Evidence from Poland," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 772-780.
- Dikova, Desislava & Jaklič, Andreja & Burger, Anže & Kunčič, Aljaž, 2016. "What is beneficial for first-time SME-exporters from a transition economy: A diversified or a focused export-strategy?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 185-199.
More about this item
KeywordsExports; Geographic diversification; Market concentration; High-growth firms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jinten:v:10:y:2012:i:1:p:70-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.