A Bayesian stochastic frontier: an application to agricultural productivity growth in European countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- van den Broeck, Julien & Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1994.
"Stochastic frontier models : A Bayesian perspective,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 273-303, April.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F.J. & Broeck, Julien Van den, 1992. "Stochastic frontier models: a bayesian perspective," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2823, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- János Kornai, 2014. "The soft budget constraint," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(supplemen), pages 25-79, November.
- William Greene, 2004.
"Distinguishing between heterogeneity and inefficiency: stochastic frontier analysis of the World Health Organization's panel data on national health care systems,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 959-980.
- William Greene, 2003. "Distinguishing Between Heterogeneity and Inefficiency: Stochastic Frontier Analysis of the World Health Organization’s Panel Data on National Health Care Systems," Working Papers 03-10, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Kecuk Suhariyanto & Colin Thirtle, 2001. "Asian Agricultural Productivity and Convergence," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 96-110.
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2007.
"Bayesian stochastic frontier analysis using WinBUGS,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 163-176, June.
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2005. "Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using WinBUGS," Econometrics 0509004, EconWPA.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 1999. " The Components of Output Growth: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(4), pages 455-487, November.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- George E. Battese & Greg S. Corra, 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 169-179, December.
- Brada, Josef C & King, Arthur E, 1993. "Is Private Farming More Efficient Than Socialized Agriculture?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 41-56, February.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1997.
"LDC agriculture: Nonparametric Malmquist productivity indexes,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 373-390, August.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005. "LDC Agriculture: Non-parametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Development and Comp Systems 0502025, EconWPA.
- Willam Greene, 2005.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 7-32, January.
- William Greene, 2002. "Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 02-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Tim J. Coelli & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005.
"Total factor productivity growth in agriculture: a Malmquist index analysis of 93 countries, 1980-2000,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 115-134, January.
- Tim J. Coelli & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2003. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agriculture: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries,1980-2000," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Prasada Rao, D. S., 2003. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agricultrue: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries, 1980-2000," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245928, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Luis R. Murillo-Zamorano, 2004. "Economic Efficiency and Frontier Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 33-77, February.
- Efthymios Tsionas, 2000. "Full Likelihood Inference in Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 183-205, May.
- James Carroll & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2007. "A Comparison of Stochastic Frontier Approaches to Estimating Inefficiency and Total Factor Productivity: An Application to Irish Dairy Farming," Trinity Economics Papers tep0907, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Antonio Alvarez & Julio del Corral, 2010. "Identifying different technologies using a latent class model: extensive versus intensive dairy farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 37(2), pages 231-250, June.
- Terrell, Dek, 1996. "Incorporating Monotonicity and Concavity Conditions in Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 179-194, March-Apr.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2000. "Causes of Output Decline in Economic Transition: The Case of Central and Eastern European Agriculture," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 172-206, March.
- Brada, Josef C & King, Arthur E & Ma, Chia Ying, 1997. "Industrial Economics of the Transition: Determinants of Enterprise Efficiency in Czechoslovakia and Hungary," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 104-127, January.
- Brada, Josef C, 1989. "Technological Progress and Factor Utilization in Eastern European Economic Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 433-448, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vranken, Liesbet, 2004.
"Reforms And Efficiency Change In Transition Agriculture,"
2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO
19962, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vranken, Liesbet, 2005. "Reforms and Efficiency Change in Transition Agriculture," 94th Seminar, April 9-10, 2005, Ashford, UK 24411, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vranken, Liesbet, 2005. "Reforms and Efficiency Change in Transition Agriculture," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24707, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Luis Orea, 2002. "Parametric Decomposition of a Generalized Malmquist Productivity Index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 5-22, July.
- Liefert, William M. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2002. "Changes In Agricultural Markets In Transition Economies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33945, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Axel Tonini & Roel Jongeneel, 2006. "Is the Collapse of Agricultural Output in the CEECs a Good Indicator of Economic Performance? A Total Factor Productivity Analysis," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 32-59, August.
- James Carroll & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2011. "A comparison of stochastic frontier approaches for estimating technical inefficiency and total factor productivity," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 4007-4019.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Rafael Cuesta, 2000. "A Production Model With Firm-Specific Temporal Variation in Technical Inefficiency: With Application to Spanish Dairy Farms," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 139-158, March.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annageldy Arazmuradov, 2016. "Economic prospect on carbon emissions in Commonwealth of Independent States," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 395-427, November.
- Jitea, Ionel-Mugurel & Pocol, Cristina Bianca, 2014. "The Common Agricultural Policy and productivity gains in Romanian agriculture: is there any evidence of convergence to the Western European realities?," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 116(3), December.
- Makieła, Kamil & Marzec, Jerzy & Pisulewski, Andrzej, 2016. "Productivity Change Analysis of Polish Dairy Farms After Poland’s Accession to the EU – An Output Growth Decomposition Approach," MPRA Paper 80295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian inference; Stochastic production frontier; Time-varying technical inefficiency; Total factor productivity growth; European agriculture; C15; D24; O47;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:45:y:2012:i:4:p:247-269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .