Day Two Keynote Address: Goals and Rules in Central Bank Design
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Nergiz Dincer & Barry Eichengreen, 2014.
"Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(1), pages 189-259, March.
- N. Nergiz Dincer & Barry Eichengreen, 2013. "Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures," Working Papers 2013-21, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, January.
- Cukierman Alex, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-10, December.
- William Poole, 1969.
"Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model,"
Special Studies Papers
2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model," Staff Studies 57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alexander Frankel, 2014. "Aligned Delegation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(1), pages 66-83, January.
- Tillmann, Peter, 2012.
"Cross-checking optimal monetary policy with information from the Taylor rule,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 204-207.
- Peter Tillmann, 2011. "Cross-Checking Optimal Monetary Policy with Information from the Taylor Rule," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201132, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Han Chen & Vasco Cúrdia & Andrea Ferrero, 2012.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Large‐scale Asset Purchase Programmes,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(564), pages 289-315, November.
- Han Chen & Vasco Cúrdia & Andrea Ferrero, 2011. "The macroeconomic effects of large-scale asset purchase programs," Staff Reports 527, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Vasco Curdia & Andrea Ferrero & Han Chen, 2012. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Large-Scale Asset Purchase Programs," 2012 Meeting Papers 372, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Han Chen & Vasco Cúrdia & Andrea Ferrero, 2012. "The macroeconomic effects of large-scale asset purchase programs," Working Paper Series 2012-22, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Pelin Ilbas & Øistein Røisland & Tommy Sveen, 2012.
"Robustifying optimal monetary policy using simple rules as cross-checks,"
2012/22, Norges Bank.
- Pelin Ilbas & Øistein Røisland & Tommy Sveen, 2013. "Robustifying optimal monetary policy using simple rules as cross-checks," Working Paper Research 245, National Bank of Belgium.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & Jesús Vázquez, 2012.
"Wage stickiness and unemployment fluctuations: an alternative approach,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 395-422, September.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & Jesús Vázquez, 2009. "Wage Stickiness and Unemployment Fluctuations: An Alternative Approach," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0902, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & JesÃºs VÃ¡zquez, 2009. "Wage Stickiness and Unemployment Fluctuations: An Alternative Approach," Faculty Working Papers 04/09, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D., 2002.
"Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1161-1187, September.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2001. "Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia," Working Paper Series 2001-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
- Milton Friedman & John B. Taylor (ed.), 2017. "Milton Friedman on Freedom," Books, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, number 4, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2018. "Estimating the Taylor Rule in the Time-Frequency Domain," NIPE Working Papers 04/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Andrew Foerster & Troy Davig, 2017. "Communicating Monetary Policy Rules," 2017 Meeting Papers 1133, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:zbw:espost:157540 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:preprint:id:631:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2016.
"Rules versus Human Beings, and the Mandate of the ECB,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 68-87.
- Marcel Fratzscher, 2016. "Rules Versus Human Beings, and the Mandate of the ECB," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 62(1), pages 68-87.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:2017:y:2017:i:5:id:631:p:523-541 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André, 2017. "Monetary Rule, Central Bank Loss and Household’s Welfare: an Empirical Investigation," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 329, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
More about this item
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijc:ijcjou:y:2015:q:4:a:10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bank for International Settlements). General contact details of provider: http://www.ijcb.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.