A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hercowitz, Zvi, 1981. "Money and the Dispersion of Relative Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 328-356, April.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Auernheimer, Leonardo, 1974. "The Honest Government's Guide to the Revenue from the Creation of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 598-606, May/June.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1975. ""Rational" Expectations, the Optimal Monetary Instrument, and the Optimal Money Supply Rule," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 241-254, April.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Taylor, John B, 1975. "Monetary Policy during a Transition to Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 1009-1021, October.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John B. Taylor, 1983. "Rational Expectations Models in Macroeconomics," NBER Working Papers 1224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Issing Otmar & Wieland Volker, 2013.
"Monetary Theory and Monetary Policy: Reflections on the Development over the last 150 Years,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 233(3), pages 423-445, June.
- Issing, Otmar & Wieland, Volker, 2012. "Monetary theory and monetary policy: Reflections on the development over the last 150 years," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Issing, Otmar & Wieland, Volker, 2012. "Monetary theory and monetary policy: Reflections on the development over the last 150 years," IMFS Working Paper Series 67, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Huh, Chan G. & Lansing, Kevin J., 2000.
"Expectations, credibility, and disinflation in a small macroeconomic model,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 51-86.
- Chan Guk Huh & Kevin J. Lansing, 1997. "Expectations, credibility, and disinflation in a small macroeconomic model," Working Papers (Old Series) 9713, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Chan Guk Huh & Kevin J. Lansing, 1998. "Expectations, credibility, and disinflation in a small macroeconomic model," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 98-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 1998. "Evolución de la "cultura de la estabilidad" en España, La," IESE Research Papers D/375, IESE Business School.
- Romain Plassard, 2019. "From Disequilibrium to Equilibrium Macroeconomics: Barro and Grossman's Trade-off between Rigor and Realism," GREDEG Working Papers 2019-17, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- Javier Valles & Jose Vinals, 1999.
"On the real effects of the monetary policy: A central banker's view,"
38, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Vallés Liberal, Javier & Viñals, José, 1999. "On the Real Effects of Monetary Policy: A Central Banker's View," CEPR Discussion Papers 2241, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bernard Walliser, 1982. "Equilibres et anticipations," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(4), pages 594-638.
- Devadoss, Stephen, 1994. "Sluggish Price Adjustments And The Effectiveness Of Aggregate Demand Policies At The Sectoral Level," A.E. Research Series 305122, University of Idaho, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology.
- Zijp, R. van, 1990. "New classical monetary business cycle theory," Serie Research Memoranda 0058, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Dotsey, Michael & King, Robert G, 1986. "Informational Implications of Interest Rate Rules," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 33-42, March.
- Thierry Warin, 2006. "From Full Employment to the Natural Rate of Unemployment: A Survey," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0601, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:38:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hwang, Chiun-Lin, 1989. "Optimal monetary policy in an open macroeconomic model with rational expectation," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010197, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bennet T. McCallum, 1984. "A Linearized Version of Lucas's Neutrality Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 138-145, February.
- Josh Ryan-Collins, 2015. "Is Monetary Financing Inflationary? A Case Study of the Canadian Economy, 1935-75," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_848, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1999. "Mercantilists and classicals: insights from doctrinal history," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 55-82.
- Mulder, C.B., 1986.
"Testing Korteweg's rational expectations model for a small open economy,"
Other publications TiSEM
c52e6c80-834d-49c7-ae6a-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mulder, C.B., 1986. "Testing Korteweg's rational expectations model for a small open economy," Research Memorandum FEW 222, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Karimova, Amira & Simsek, Esra & Orhan, Mehmet, 2020. "Policy implications of the Lucas Critique empirically tested along the global financial crisis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 153-172.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Miller, Marcus, 1980. "Monetary Policy And International Competitiveness," Economic Research Papers 269135, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:91:y:1983:i:4:p:589-610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.