Modelling unemployment in the presence of excess labour supply
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marga Peeters & Loek Groot, 2012.
"A Global View On Demographic Pressure And Labour Market Participation,"
Journal of Global Economy,
Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 8(2), pages 165-194, June.
- Groot, Loek & Peeters, Marga, 2011. "A global view on demographic pressure and labour market participation," MPRA Paper 32057, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Demertzis & Peter van Els & Sybille Grob & Marga Peeters, 2006.
"EUROMON: the multi-country model of De Nederlandsche Bank,"
DNB Occasional Studies
401, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Demertzis, Maria & Van Els, Peter & Grob, Sybille & Peeters, Marga, 2006. "EUROMON: The multi-country model of De Nederlandsche Bank," MPRA Paper 28512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Binzel, Christine & Assaad, Ragui, 2011.
"Egyptian men working abroad: Labour supply responses by the women left behind,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 98-114.
- Binzel, Christine & Assaad, Ragui, 2011. "Egyptian Men Working Abroad: Labor Supply Responses by the Women Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 5589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jane Golley & Rod Tyers, 2011.
"Contrasting Giants: Demographic Change and Economic Performance in China and India,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
11-04, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Jane Golley & Rod Tyers, 2011. "Contrasting Giants: Demographic Change And Economic Performance In China And India," CAMA Working Papers 2011-10, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Barrell, Ray & Dawn Holland & Nigel Pain, 2002.
"An Econometric Macro-model of Transition: Policy Choices in the Pre-Accession Period,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
15, Royal Economic Society.
- Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland & Nigel Pain & Mihaly Andras Kovacs & Zoltan Jakab & Katerina Smidkova & Urmas Sepp & Uros Cufer, 2004. "An Econometric Macro-model of Transition: Policy Choices in the Pre-Accession Period," Macroeconomics 0403004, EconWPA.
- Assaad, Ragu & El-Hamidi, Fatma & Ahmed, Akhter U., 2000. "The determinants of employment status in Egypt," FCND briefs 88, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Leo de Haan & Aneta Naumovska & Marga Peeters, 2001.
"MAKMODEL, A Macro-Econometric Model for the Republic of Macedonia,"
2001-01, National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
- L. de Haan & A. Naumovska & H.M.M. Peeters, 2001. "MAKMODEL: a macroeconometric model for the Republic of Macedonia," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 665, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Herrera, Santiago & Youssef, Hoda & Youssef, Hoda & Zaki, Chahir, 2010.
"Egypt beyond the crisis : medium-term challenges for sustained growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5451, The World Bank.
- Santiago Herrera & Hoda Selim & Hoda Youssef & Chahir Zaki, 2011. "Egypt beyond the Crisis: Medium-Term Challenges for Sustained Growth," Working Papers 625, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2011.
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630 Elsevier.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "Economic Growth and the Demographic Transition," NBER Working Papers 8685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klein, Lawrence R, 1969. "Estimation on Interdependent Systems in Macroeconometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(2), pages 171-192, April.
- F.J.H. Don, 2004. "How Econometric Models help Policy Makers: Theory and Practice," De Economist, Springer, vol. 152(2), pages 177-195, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peeters, Marga & Sabri, Nidal Rachid, 2012. "International financial integration of Mediterranean economies : A bird’s-eye view," MPRA Paper 38081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peeters, Marga, 2012. "Asymmetric demographic pressure in South-Mediterranean versus North-Mediterranean economies and its impact on international gross capital flows," MPRA Paper 39635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDemography; labour supply; employment; public sector employment; public finance.;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:journl:v:54:y:2011:i:2:p:58-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeriibe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.