EUROMON: the multi-country model of De Nederlandsche Bank
This Occasional Study wraps up the modelling work that has been done in recent years regarding DNB's multi-country model EUROMON. It offers a description of the current version of the model and provides information about its simulation properties through the analysis of variety of standard scenarios. EUROMON is an estimated multi-country model. The current version includes 13 individual country models plus a trade block providing the international linkages between these countries. The 13 countries are the EMU-participants Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and Finland, the EU-countries of the United Kingdom, Sweden and Denmark, plus the United States and Japan. The country models all share the same basis structure. Differences mainly relate to distinct values of model parameters and speeds of adjustment, and in some cases to slightly different specifications of equations in order to allow for specific institutional features of individual countries. EUROMON is a neo-Keynesian model in spirit, combining a vertical supply curve in the long run with an important role for demand factors in the short-run determination of output. The model incorporates a wage bargaining framework which makes the long-run supply curve dependent on real factors, such as tax policies. EUROMON is an aggregate model, with no further breakdown in sectors or categories of goods and services. The current version of the model is backward-looking. The study concludes by addressing the main shortcomings and strong features of the model that require further attention.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 98, 1000 AB Amsterdam|
Web page: http://www.dnb.nl/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeanfils, P., 2000.
"A Model with Explicit Expectations for Belgium,"
4, Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173, December.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, December.
- H.M.M. Peeters & A.H.J. den Reijer, 2002. "On Wage Formation, Wage Development and Unemployment Flexibility: a Comparison between European Countries and the United States," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 712, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- W. Bolt & P.J.A. van Els, 2000.
"Output Gap and Inflation in the EU,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
44, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Demertzis, Maria & Van Els, Peter & Peeters, H.M.M., 2002.
"EUROMON: De Nederlandsche Bank's multi-country model,"
29634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Demertzis & P.J.A. van Els & H.M.M. Peeters, 2002. "EUROMON: De Nederlandsche Bank's Multi-Country Model," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 718, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2003.
"An Estimated Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1123-1175, 09.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002. "An estimated dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model of the euro area," Working Paper Research 35, National Bank of Belgium.
- H.M.M. Peeters & A.H.J. den Reijer, 2001. "On Wage Formation, Wage Development and Unemployment," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 677, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Peter van Els & Alberto Locarno & Benoît Mojon & Julian Morgan, 2003. "New Macroeconomic Evidence on Monetary Policy Transmission in the Euro Area," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 720-730, 04/05.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jerome & Mestre, Ricardo, 2005. "An area-wide model for the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 39-59, January.
- Martin M.G. Fase, 1998. "On Money and Credit in Europe," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1550, June.
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Bart Turtelboom & Peter Isard & Eswar S Prasad, 1998. "Multimod Mark III; The Core Dynamic and Steady State Model," IMF Occasional Papers 164, International Monetary Fund.
- Jørgen Elmeskov, 1993. "High and Persistent Unemployment: Assessment of the Problem and Its Causes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 132, OECD Publishing.
- Raymond Torres & John P. Martin, 1989. "Potential Output in the Seven Major OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 66, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbocs:401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.