Economic Growth and Population Transition inChina and India 1990-2018
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atish Dash & William Joe & Pradeep Agrawal, 2015. "Demographic Transition, Savings, and Economic Growth in China and India," Working Papers id:7586, eSocialSciences.
- Choudhry, Misbah T. & Elhorst, J. Paul, 2010. "Demographic transition and economic growth in China, India and Pakistan," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 218-236, September.
- Shyam Ranganathan & Ranjula Bali Swain & David JT Sumpter, 2015. "The demographic transition and economic growth: implications for development policy," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(palcomms2), pages 15033-15033, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ding, YingYing & Li, Zheng & Ge, Xiaojun & Hu, Yu, 2020. "Empirical analysis of the synergy of the three sectors’ development and labor employment," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 160(C).
- Ge Wang & Juan Yang & Dinghua Ou & Yalan Xiong & Ouping Deng & Qiquan Li, 2019. "Temporal-Spatial Variations and Regional Disparities in Land-Use Efficiency, and the Response to Demographic Transition," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-1, August.
- Abdullah Abdulaziz A. Bawazir & Mohamed Aslam & Ahmad Farid Bin Osman, 2020. "Demographic change and economic growth: empirical evidence from the Middle East," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 429-450, August.
- Misbah Tanveer Choudhry & Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2016. "Age dependency and labour productivity divergence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(50), pages 4823-4845, October.
- Björn R H Blomqvist & Richard P Mann & David J T Sumpter, 2018. "Using Bayesian dynamical systems, model averaging and neural networks to determine interactions between socio-economic indicators," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Gindra Kasnauskiene & Karol Michnevic, 2017. "Contribution of increased life expectancy to economic growth: evidence from CEE countries," International Journal of Economic Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 6(2), pages 82-99, November.
- Joshua Adeyemi Ogunjimi & Dauda Olarotimi Oladipupo, 2019. "Dynamics of Demographic Structure and Economic Growth in Nigeria," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 6(2), pages 186-196.
- Ogunjimi, Joshua & Oladipupo, Dauda, 2018. "Dynamics of Demographic Structure and Economic Growth in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 94988, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2018.
- Hajamini, Mehdi, 2015. "The non-linear effect of population growth and linear effect of age structure on per capita income: A threshold dynamic panel structural model," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 43-58.
- Dieu Thanh Le & Hail Park, 2019. "The Impact Of Demographic Change On Economic Growth," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 65(02), pages 471-484, August.
- M. Narayana, 2015. "India’s Age Structure Transition, Sectoral Labor Productivities, and Economic Growth: Evidence and Implications Based on National Transfer Accounts," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(3), pages 381-415, June.
- Paul Elhorst & Diego Firmino Costa da Silva & Raul da Mota Silveira Neto, 2015.
"A Spatial Economic Model and Spatial Econometric Analysis of Population Dynamics in Brazilian MCAs,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa15p83, European Regional Science Association.
- Diego Firmino Costa Da Silva & J. Paul Elhorst & Raul Da Mota Silveira Neto, 2016. "A Spatial Economic Model And Spatial Econometric Analysis Of Population Dynamics In Brazilian Mcas," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 158, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Donatella Saccone, 2017. "Economic growth in emerging economies: what, who and why," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(11), pages 800-803, June.
- Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2011. "China and India: Openness, Trade and Effects on Economic Growth," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(1), pages 129-154, June.
- Nhung Thi Kim NGUYEN & Hiep Huu NGUYEN, 2017. "Impacts of Domestic Savings on Economic Growth of Vietnam," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(3), pages 245-252, September.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza, 2013. "Demographic Transition in Resource Rich Countries: A Blessing or a Curse?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 337-351.
- Valli Vittorio & Saccone Donatella, 2011. "Economic development and population growth: an inverted-U shaped curve?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201105, University of Turin.
- Aurora A. C. Teixeira & N. Renuga Nagarajan & Sandra T. Silva, 2017. "The Impact of Ageing and the Speed of Ageing on the Economic Growth of Least Developed, Emerging and Developed Countries, 1990–2013," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 909-934, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; population transition; China; India; standard of living;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2020-07-27 (Economics of Ageing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:101130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.