Talent management and career development: What it takes to get promoted
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2012.
"The strength of direct ties: Evidence from the electronic game industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 223-230.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2010. "The Strength of Direct Ties: Evidence from the Electronic Game Industry," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 11745, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2010. "The Strength of Direct Ties: Evidence from the Electronic Game Industry," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 12298, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2012. "The strength of direct ties: Evidence from the electronic game industry," Munich Reprints in Economics 20067, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hartmann, Evi & Feisel, Edda & Schober, Holger, 2010. "Talent management of western MNCs in China: Balancing global integration and local responsiveness," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 169-178, April.
- Jed DeVaro, 2006. "Internal promotion competitions in firms," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 521-542, September.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:521-542 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farndale, Elaine & Scullion, Hugh & Sparrow, Paul, 2010. "The role of the corporate HR function in global talent management," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 161-168, April.
- Rank, Olaf N., 2008. "Formal structures and informal networks: Structural analysis in organizations," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 145-161, June.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Littlepage, Glenn & Robison, William & Reddington, Kelly, 1997. "Effects of Task Experience and Group Experience on Group Performance, Member Ability, and Recognition of Expertise," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 133-147, February.
- McDonnell, Anthony & Lamare, Ryan & Gunnigle, Patrick & Lavelle, Jonathan, 2010. "Developing tomorrow's leaders--Evidence of global talent management in multinational enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 150-160, April.
- Sunil Dutta, 2008. "Managerial Expertise, Private Information, and Pay-Performance Sensitivity," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(3), pages 429-442, March.
- Baker, George & Gibbons, Robert & Murphy, Kevin J, 1999. "Informal Authority in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 56-73, April.
- Waldman, Michael, 2013. "Classic promotion tournaments versus market-based tournaments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 198-210.
- Melissa A. Schilling & Patricia Vidal & Robert E. Ployhart & Alexandre Marangoni, 2003. "Learning by Doing Something Else: Variation, Relatedness, and the Learning Curve," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(1), pages 39-56, January.
- Malcomson, James M, 1984. "Work Incentives, Hierarchy, and Internal Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 486-507, June.
- Barry J. Nalebuff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1983. "Prices and Incentives: Towards a General Theory of Compensation and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 21-43, Spring.
- Tarique, Ibraiz & Schuler, Randall S., 2010. "Global talent management: Literature review, integrative framework, and suggestions for further research," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 122-133, April.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hana Urbancová & Lucie Vnoučková, 2015. "Application Of Talent And Knowledge Management In The Czech And Slovak Republics: First Empirical Approaches," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 60(205), pages 105-138, April – J.
- Georgakakis, Dimitrios & Dauth, Tobias & Ruigrok, Winfried, 2016. "Too much of a good thing: Does international experience variety accelerate or delay executives’ career advancement?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 425-437.
- repec:mup:actaun:actaun_2016064020701 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claussen, Jörg & Essling, Christian & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2015. "When less can be more – Setting technology levels in complementary goods markets," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 328-339.
More about this item
KeywordsTalent management; Job promotion; Career development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:49:y:2014:i:2:p:236-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.