Talent management and career development: What it takes to get promoted
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Littlepage, Glenn & Robison, William & Reddington, Kelly, 1997. "Effects of Task Experience and Group Experience on Group Performance, Member Ability, and Recognition of Expertise," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 133-147, February.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2012.
"The strength of direct ties: Evidence from the electronic game industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 223-230.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2010. "The Strength of Direct Ties: Evidence from the Electronic Game Industry," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 11745, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2010. "The Strength of Direct Ties: Evidence from the Electronic Game Industry," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 12298, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Claussen, Jörg & Falck, Oliver & Grohsjean, Thorsten, 2012. "The strength of direct ties: Evidence from the electronic game industry," Munich Reprints in Economics 20067, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- McDonnell, Anthony & Lamare, Ryan & Gunnigle, Patrick & Lavelle, Jonathan, 2010. "Developing tomorrow's leaders--Evidence of global talent management in multinational enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 150-160, April.
- Sunil Dutta, 2008. "Managerial Expertise, Private Information, and Pay-Performance Sensitivity," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(3), pages 429-442, March.
- Hartmann, Evi & Feisel, Edda & Schober, Holger, 2010. "Talent management of western MNCs in China: Balancing global integration and local responsiveness," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 169-178, April.
- Baker, George & Gibbons, Robert & Murphy, Kevin J, 1999. "Informal Authority in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 56-73, April.
- Jed DeVaro, 2006. "Internal promotion competitions in firms," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 521-542, September.
- Waldman, Michael, 2013. "Classic promotion tournaments versus market-based tournaments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 198-210.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:521-542 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melissa A. Schilling & Patricia Vidal & Robert E. Ployhart & Alexandre Marangoni, 2003. "Learning by Doing Something Else: Variation, Relatedness, and the Learning Curve," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(1), pages 39-56, January.
- Farndale, Elaine & Scullion, Hugh & Sparrow, Paul, 2010. "The role of the corporate HR function in global talent management," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 161-168, April.
- Rank, Olaf N., 2008. "Formal structures and informal networks: Structural analysis in organizations," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 145-161, June.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Malcomson, James M, 1984. "Work Incentives, Hierarchy, and Internal Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 486-507, June.
- Barry J. Nalebuff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1983. "Prices and Incentives: Towards a General Theory of Compensation and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 21-43, Spring.
- Tarique, Ibraiz & Schuler, Randall S., 2010. "Global talent management: Literature review, integrative framework, and suggestions for further research," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 122-133, April.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hana Urbancová & Lucie Vnoučková, 2015. "Application Of Talent And Knowledge Management In The Czech And Slovak Republics: First Empirical Approaches," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 60(205), pages 105-138, April – J.
- Georgakakis, Dimitrios & Dauth, Tobias & Ruigrok, Winfried, 2016. "Too much of a good thing: Does international experience variety accelerate or delay executives’ career advancement?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 425-437.
- Claussen, Jörg & Essling, Christian & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2015. "When less can be more – Setting technology levels in complementary goods markets," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 328-339.
More about this item
KeywordsTalent management; Job promotion; Career development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:49:y:2014:i:2:p:236-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .