Talent management of western MNCs in China: Balancing global integration and local responsiveness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tung, Rosalie L., 2008. "Brain circulation, diaspora, and international competitiveness," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 298-304, October.
- Shenxue Li & Hugh Scullion, 2006. "Bridging the distance: Managing cross-border knowledge holders," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 71-92, March.
- Björkman, Ingmar & Smale, Adam & Sumelius, Jennie & Suutari, Vesa & Lu, Yuan, 2008. "Changes in institutional context and MNC operations in China: Subsidiary HRM practices in 1996 versus 2006," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 146-158, April.
- Carr, Stuart C. & Inkson, Kerr & Thorn, Kaye, 2005. "From global careers to talent flow: Reinterpreting 'brain drain'," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 386-398, November.
- Gamble, Jos, 2006. "Introducing Western-style HRM practices to China: Shopfloor perceptions in a British multinational," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 328-343, December.
- Björkman, Ingmar & Lu, Yuan, 1999. "The management of human resources in Chinese-Western joint ventures," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 306-324, October.
- K Kim & J-H Park & J E Prescott, 2003. "The global integration of business functions: a study of multinational businesses in integrated global industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(4), pages 327-344, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristina López-Duarte & Marta M. Vidal-Suárez & Belén González-Díaz & Nuno Rosa Reis, 2016. "Understanding the relevance of national culture in international business research: a quantitative analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 108(3), pages 1553-1590, September.
- Tatoglu, Ekrem & Glaister, Alison J. & Demirbag, Mehmet, 2016. "Talent management motives and practices in an emerging market: A comparison between MNEs and local firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 278-293.
- Zhu, Cherrie Jiuhua & Cooper, Brian K. & Fan, Di & De Cieri, Helen, 2013. "HR practices from the perspective of managers and employees in multinational enterprises in China: Alignment issues and implications," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 241-250.
- Reimann, Felix & Ehrgott, Matthias & Kaufmann, Lutz & Carter, Craig R., 2012. "Local stakeholders and local legitimacy: MNEs' social strategies in emerging economies," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-17.
- Collings, David G., 2014. "Integrating global mobility and global talent management: Exploring the challenges and strategic opportunities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 253-261.
- Smale, Adam & Björkman, Ingmar & Sumelius, Jennie, 2013. "Examining the differential use of global integration mechanisms across HRM practices: Evidence from China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 232-240.
- Latukha, M. & Veselova, A. & Selivanovskikh, L. & Artukh, E. & Mitskevich, E., 2016. "Re-thinking the role of talent management in a firm’s performance: Talent management practices and absorptive capacity," Working Papers 6442, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Chung, Chul & Sparrow, Paul & Bozkurt, Ödül, 2014. "South Korean MNEs’ international HRM approach: Hybridization of global standards and local practices," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 549-559.
- Claussen, Jörg & Grohsjean, Thorsten & Luger, Johannes & Probst, Gilbert, 2014. "Talent management and career development: What it takes to get promoted," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 236-244.
- Sidani, Yusuf & Al Ariss, Akram, 2014. "Institutional and corporate drivers of global talent management: Evidence from the Arab Gulf region," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 215-224.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9797-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beamond, Maria Teresa & Farndale, Elaine & Härtel, Charmine E.J., 2016. "MNE translation of corporate talent management strategies to subsidiaries in emerging economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 499-510.
- Latukha, M. & Veselova, A. & Selivanovskikh, L., 2015. "Talent management practices in emerging market firms: Research agenda," Working Papers 6428, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
More about this item
KeywordsTalent Management China Talent pools;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:45:y:2010:i:2:p:169-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .