Temporal Dynamics of Crossvergence: Institutionalizing MNC Integration Strategies in Post-Crisis ASEAN
This study utilizes the temporal lens afforded by the unprecedented pace of the Asian financial crisis to re-conceptualize the convergence-divergence-crossvergence (CDC) framework. Grounded at the Western-headquartered ASEAN subsidiary, CDC is hypothesized as a dialectical progression comprising Western corporate culture (‘convergence’) ASEAN societal culture (‘divergence’) and ending with the institutionalization of these forces (‘crossvergence’) as a transient re-equilibrium. Against a backdrop of increasing macro-level turbulence, the CDC dialectic is then fed through a dyadic cycle of environmental shocks and organizational responses. Managerial implications are discussed along with suggestions for future research. Copyright Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
Volume (Year): 22 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106589
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karen L Newman & Stanley D Nollen, 1996. "Culture and Congruence: The Fit Between Management Practices and national Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(4), pages 753-779, December.
- Andrew C Inkpen, 2001. "A Note on Ranking the International Business Journals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(1), pages 193-196, March.
- Robertson, Christopher J. & Al-Khatib, Jamal A. & Al-Habib, Mohammed & Lanoue, Darryl, 2001. "Beliefs about work in the Middle East and the convergence versus divergence of values," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 223-244, October.
- Bruton, Garry D. & Ahlstrom, David & Wan, Johnny C. C., 2001. "Turnaround success of large and midsize Chinese owned firms: evidence from Hong Kong and Thailand," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 146-165, July.
- Mark Heuer & Jeffrey L Cummings & Winfred Hutabarat, 1999. "Cultural Stability or Change Among Managers in Indonesia?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(3), pages 599-610, September.
- Luis R G�mez-Mejia & Leslie E Palich, 1997. "Cultural Diversity and the Performance of Multinational Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(2), pages 309-335, June.
- K Kim & J-H Park & J E Prescott, 2003. "The global integration of business functions: a study of multinational businesses in integrated global industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(4), pages 327-344, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:22:y:2005:i:1:p:5-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.