Beliefs about work in the Middle East and the convergence versus divergence of values
In this paper, 365 managers and employees from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Oman are queried about their work-related beliefs to determine the extent to which any of these countries may be experiencing a shift in cultural values. Results from the testing of various convergence versus divergence based hypotheses suggest that Saudi Arabia is more steadfast in its work beliefs while Kuwait and Oman appear to be more susceptible to influences by external forces.
Volume (Year): 36 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nancy J Adler, 1983. "A Typology of Management Studies Involving Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 14(2), pages 29-47, June.
- Cristina B Gibson, 1995. "An Investigation of Gender Differences in Leadership Across Four Countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 255-279, June.
- Bodo B Schlegelmilch & Diana C Robertson, 1995. "The influence of Country and Industry on Ethical Perceptions of Senior Executives in the U.S. and Europe," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(4), pages 859-881, December.
- Puffer, Sheila M. & McCarthy, Daniel J. & Naumov, Alexander I., 1997. "Russian managers' beliefs about work: Beyond the stereotypes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 258-276, October.
- Lane Kelley & Arthur Whatley & Reginald Worthley, 1987. "Assessing the Effects of Culture on Managerial Attitudes: A Three-Culture Test," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 18(2), pages 17-31, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:36:y:2001:i:3:p:223-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.