The role of the corporate HR function in global talent management
We currently know little of the role of the corporate human resource (HR) function in multinational corporations regarding global talent management (GTM). GTM is explored here from two perspectives: increasing global competition for talent, and new forms of international mobility. The first considers the mechanisms of GTM, and the second, individual willingness to be mobile, especially in emerging markets, and the organizational capability needed to manage this talent. New corporate HR roles are identified which show how these issues might be addressed. We then advance our understanding of GTM theory and practice by considering the major future challenges facing corporate HR.
Volume (Year): 45 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shenxue Li & Hugh Scullion, 2006. "Bridging the distance: Managing cross-border knowledge holders," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 71-92, March.
- Macey, William H. & Schneider, Benjamin, 2008. "The Meaning of Employee Engagement," Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 3-30, March.
- Collings, David G. & Morley, Michael J. & Gunnigle, Patrick, 2008. "Composing the top management team in the international subsidiary: Qualitative evidence on international staffing in U.S. MNCs in the Republic of Ireland," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 197-212, March.
- Shaozhuang Ma & Virginia Trigo, 2008. "Winning the War for Managerial Talent in China: An Empirical Study," Chinese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 41(3), pages 34-57, May.
- Luthans, Fred & Zhu, Weichun & Avolio, Bruce J., 2006. "The impact of efficacy on work attitudes across cultures," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 121-132, June.
- Collings, David G. & Scullion, Hugh & Morley, Michael J., 2007. "Changing patterns of global staffing in the multinational enterprise: Challenges to the conventional expatriate assignment and emerging alternatives," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 198-213, June.
- Sparrow, Paul R. & Budhwar, Pawan S., 1997. "Competition and change: Mapping the indian HRM recipe against world-wide patterns," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 224-242, October.
- K Kim & J-H Park & J E Prescott, 2003. "The global integration of business functions: a study of multinational businesses in integrated global industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(4), pages 327-344, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:45:y:2010:i:2:p:161-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.