The relationship between organizational learning and firms' financial performance in strategic alliances: A contingency approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berdrow, Iris & Lane, Henry W., 2003. "International joint ventures: creating value through successful knowledge management," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 15-30, February.
- Bruton, Garry D. & Lohrke, Franz T. & Lu, Jane W., 2004. "The evolving definition of what comprises international strategic management research," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 413-429.
- Chen, Homin & Chen, Tain-Jy, 2003. "Governance structures in strategic alliances: transaction cost versus resource-based perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Lei, David & Slocum, John W. & Pitts, Robert A., 1997. "Building cooperative advantage: Managing strategic alliances to promote organizational learning," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 203-223, October.
- Bernard L Simonin, 2004. "An empirical investigation of the process of knowledge transfer in international strategic alliances," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 407-427, September.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, December.
- Jean-François Hennart, 2006. "Alliance Research: Less is More," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(7), pages 1621-1628, November.
- Wang, Pien & Tong, Tony W. & Koh, Chun Peng, 2004. "An integrated model of knowledge transfer from MNC parent to China subsidiary," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 168-182, May.
- Pisano, Gary P, 1989. "Using Equity Participation to Support Exchange: Evidence from the Biotechnology Industry," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 109-126, Spring.
- Seung Ho Park & Michael V. Russo, 1996. "When Competition Eclipses Cooperation: An Event History Analysis of Joint Venture Failure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 875-890, June.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oxley, Joanne E, 1997. "Appropriability Hazards and Governance in Strategic Alliances: A Transaction Cost Approach," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 387-409, October.
- Das, T. K. & Teng, Bing-Sheng, 2003. "Partner analysis and alliance performance," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 279-308, September.
- Ainuddin, R. Azimah & Beamish, Paul W. & Hulland, John S. & Rouse, Michael J., 2007. "Resource attributes and firm performance in international joint ventures," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 47-60, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Contractor, Farok J. & Woodley, James A., 2015. "How the alliance pie is split: Value appropriation by each partner in cross-border technology transfer alliances," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 535-547.
- Christoffersen, Jeppe & Plenborg, Thomas & Robson, Matthew J., 2014. "Measures of strategic alliance performance, classified and assessed," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 479-489.
- Chia Sun, 2014. "A conceptual framework for R&D strategic alliance assessment for Taiwan’s biotechnology industry," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 259-279, January.
- Sajjad Jasimuddin & Jun Li & Nicholas Perdikis, 2015. "Linkage between geographic space and knowledge transfer by multinational enterprises: a structural equation approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 769-795, May.
- repec:spr:manint:v:55:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0224-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beamish, Paul W. & Lupton, Nathaniel C., 2016. "Cooperative strategies in international business and management: Reflections on the past 50 years and future directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 163-175.
- Erden, Zeynep & Klang, David & Sydler, Renato & von Krogh, Georg, 2014. "Knowledge-flows and firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2777-2785.
- Bojica, Ana Maria & Fuentes, Maria del Mar Fuentes, 2012. "Knowledge acquisition and corporate entrepreneurship: Insights from Spanish SMEs in the ICT sector," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 397-408.
- Li, Dan & Miller, Stewart R. & Eden, Lorraine & Hitt, Michael A., 2012. "The Impact of Rule of Law on Market Value Creation for Local Alliance Partners in BRIC Countries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 305-321.
- Zgrzywa-Ziemak Anna, 2015. "The Impact of Organisational Learning on Organisational Performance," Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, De Gruyter Open, vol. 23(4), pages 98-112, December.
- Li, Linwei & Jiang, Feifei & Pei, Yunlong & Jiang, Nengqian, 2017. "Entrepreneurial orientation and strategic alliance success: The contingency role of relational factors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 46-56.
- Mihailova, Irina, 2015. "Outcomes of learning through JVs for local parent firms in transition economies: Evidence from Russia," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 220-233.
- Jiang, Xu & Bao, Yongchuan & Xie, Yan & Gao, Shanxing, 2016. "Partner trustworthiness, knowledge flow in strategic alliances, and firm competitiveness: A contingency perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 804-814.
More about this item
KeywordsStrategic alliances Organizational learning Performance Contingency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:43:y:2008:i:3:p:365-379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.