Knowledge acquisition and corporate entrepreneurship: Insights from Spanish SMEs in the ICT sector
The contingent perspective on the corporate entrepreneurship–performance relationship has focused mainly on the influence of factors either environmental or internal to the organization. Only recently have researchers turned their attention to the relational context and specifically to inter-organizational alliances’ potential to influence this relationship. Our paper analyzes how knowledge acquisition from alliances affects the corporate entrepreneurship–performance relationship in a sample of Spanish SMEs from the Information and Communication Technology sector (ICT). The results obtained show that both corporate entrepreneurship and knowledge acquisition have a positive influence on performance but that the moderating effect of knowledge acquisition on the relationship between corporate entrepreneurship and performance is negative and it varies depending on the level of knowledge-based resources of the firm.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gaurab Bhardwaj & John C. Camillus & David A. Hounshell, 2006. "Continual Corporate Entrepreneurial Search for Long-Term Growth," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(2), pages 248-261, February.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1993. "Environment, corporate entrepreneurship, and financial performance: A taxonomic approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 319-340, July.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1991. "Predictors and financial outcomes of corporate entrepreneurship: An exploratory study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 259-285, July.
- Robert G. Fichman & Chris F. Kemerer, 1997. "The Assimilation of Software Process Innovations: An Organizational Learning Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(10), pages 1345-1363, October.
- Raymond van Wijk & Justin J. P. Jansen & Marjorie A. Lyles, 2008. "Inter- and Intra-Organizational Knowledge Transfer: A Meta-Analytic Review and Assessment of its Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 830-853, 06.
- Husted, Kenneth & Vintergaard, Christian, 2004. "Stimulating innovation through corporate venture bases," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 296-306, August.
- Jiang, Xu & Li, Yuan, 2008. "The relationship between organizational learning and firms' financial performance in strategic alliances: A contingency approach," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 365-379, July.
- Bing-Sheng Teng, 2007. "Corporate Entrepreneurship Activities through Strategic Alliances: A Resource-Based Approach toward Competitive Advantage," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 119-142, 01.
- Alvarez, Sharon A. & Ireland, R. Duane & Reuer, Jeffrey J., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and strategic alliances," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 401-404, July.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike, 2009. "How do threshold firms sustain corporate entrepreneurship? The role of boards and absorptive capacity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 248-260, May.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Phan, Phillip H. & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz & Tan, Wee-Liang, 2009. "Corporate entrepreneurship: Current research and future directions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 197-205, May.
- Mark Rogers, 2004. "Networks, Firm Size and Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 141-153, 03.
- Tsai, Kuen-Hung, 2009. "Collaborative networks and product innovation performance: Toward a contingency perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 765-778, June.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Pla-Barber, José & Alegre, Joaquín, 2007. "Analysing the link between export intensity, innovation and firm size in a science-based industry," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 275-293, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:3:p:397-408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.