Governance structures in strategic alliances: transaction cost versus resource-based perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lenn Gomes & Kannan Ramaswamy, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of the Form of the Relationship Between Multinationality and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 173-187, March.
- Erin Anderson, 1985. "The Salesperson as Outside Agent or Employee: A Transaction Cost Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 234-254.
- Davidson, W H & McFetridge, Donald G, 1984. "International Technology Transactions and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 253-264, March.
- Paul W Beamish & John C Banks, 1987. "Equity Joint Ventures and Theory of the Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 18(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Mitchell, Will & Singh, Kulwant, 1992. "Incumbents' use of pre-entry alliances before expansion into new technical subfields of an industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 347-372, August.
- Pisano, Gary P, 1989. "Using Equity Participation to Support Exchange: Evidence from the Biotechnology Industry," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 109-126, Spring.
- Chen, Homin & Chen, Tain-Jy, 2002. "Asymmetric strategic alliances: A network view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(12), pages 1007-1013, December.
- Gatignon, Hubert & Anderson, Erin, 1988. "The Multinational Corporation's Degree of Control over Foreign Subsidiaries: An Empirical Test of a Transaction Cost Explanation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 305-336, Fall.
- John, George & Weitz, Barton A, 1988. "Forward Integration into Distribution: An Empirical Test of Transaction Cost Analysis," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 337-355, Fall.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1995. "Alliances and the pattern of comparative advantages: a sectoral analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 213-231, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chun Yang & Haifeng Liao, 2010. "Industrial agglomeration of Hong Kong and Taiwanese manufacturing investment in China: a town-level analysis in Dongguan," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(3), pages 487-517, December.
- Ueki, Yasushi, 2013. "Formation of supply chain collaboration and firm performance in the Thai automotive and electronics industries," IDE Discussion Papers 415, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0138-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Griffith, David A. & Harmancioglu, Nukhet & Droge, Cornelia, 2009. "Governance decisions for the offshore outsourcing of new product development in technology intensive markets," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 217-224, July.
- Ortiz-de-Urbina-Criado, Marta & Montoro-Sánchez, Ángeles & Mora-Valentín, Eva-María, 2014. "Impact of growth strategy on mode of governance in alliances," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 838-848.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:12:p:1156-1167 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chand, Mohinder & Katou, Anastasia A., 2012. "Strategic determinants for the selection of partner alliances in the Indian tour operator industry: A cross-national study," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 167-177.
- Erika Raquel Badillo & Francisco Llorente & Rosina Moreno, 2014.
"“Cooperation in R&D, firm size and type of partnership: Evidence for the Spanish automotive industry”,"
IREA Working Papers
201430, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Nov 2014.
- Erika Raquel Badillo & Francisco Llorente & Rosina Moreno, 2014. "“Cooperation in R&D, firm size and type of partnership: Evidence for the Spanish automotive industry”," AQR Working Papers 201417, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Oct 2014.
- Thomas Mellewigt & Anoop Madhok & Antoinette Weibel, 2007. "Trust and formal contracts in interorganizational relationships - substitutes and complements," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(8), pages 833-847.
- Mazzola, Erica & Perrone, Giovanni, 2013. "A strategic needs perspective on operations outsourcing and other inter-firm relationships," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 256-267.
- Wen-Bin Chuang & Hui-lin Lin & Chien-Wei Wu, 2015. "Does Institutional Quality Strengthen The Positive Influence of Offshore R&D Strategy on the Firm Productivity?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(2), pages 279-294, February.
- Kasch, Silja & Dowling, Michael, 2008. "Commercialization strategies of young biotechnology firms: An empirical analysis of the U.S. industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1765-1777, December.
- Liu, C.-L.E., 2012. "An investigation of relationship learning in cross-border buyer–supplier relationships: The role of trust," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 311-327.
- Dhikra Chebbi Nekhili & Mehdi Nekhili, 2009. "Gouvernance contractuelle et cognitive des alliances internationales en R&D," Working Papers CREGO 1090505, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- To-Han Chang & Wen-Bin Chuang, 2016. "Overseas R&D and Taiwan-Based Firm?s Productivity - Does Internal Technological Capability Matter?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(9), pages 499-509, September.
- Musso, Fabio & Francioni, Barbara, 2011. "Foreign Markets Entry Mode Decision for Italian Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," MPRA Paper 50067, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Oct 2011.
- Beamish, Paul W. & Lupton, Nathaniel C., 2016. "Cooperative strategies in international business and management: Reflections on the past 50 years and future directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 163-175.
- Sinnewe, Elisabeth & Charles, Michael B. & Keast, Robyn, 2016. "Australia's Cooperative Research Centre Program: A transaction cost theory perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 195-204.
- Canabal, Anne & White III, George O., 2008. "Entry mode research: Past and future," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 267-284, June.
- Fabio Caputo & Barbara Livieri & Andrea Venturelli, 2014. "Intangibles and Value Creation in Network Agreements: analysis of Italian firms," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 45-70.
- Musso, Fabio & Francioni, Barbara, 2009. "Foreign markets entry mode decision for SMEs. Key factors and role of industrial districts," MPRA Paper 32153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9505-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ueki, Yasushi, 2013. "Supply chain collaboration and responsiveness : a comparison between Thai automotive and electronics industries," IDE Discussion Papers 416, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Jiang, Xu & Li, Yuan, 2008. "The relationship between organizational learning and firms' financial performance in strategic alliances: A contingency approach," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 365-379, July.
- Zhang, Jing & Pezeshkan, Amir, 2016. "Host country network, industry experience, and international alliance formation: Evidence from the venture capital industry," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 264-277.
More about this item
KeywordsStrategic alliances Transaction cost Resource-based perspective;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:38:y:2003:i:1:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.