The need for scale as a driver of alliance formation : choosing between collaborative and autonomous production
In this paper, the authors reconsider why firms choose to form horizontal alliances when launching a new product rather to undertake such a project on their own.
|Date of creation:||07 Mar 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Dussauge & Bernard Garrette, 1995. "Determinants of Success in International Strategic Alliances: Evidence from the Global Aerospace Industry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(3), pages 505-530, September.
- Berg, Sanford V & Friedman, Philip, 1981. "Impacts of Domestic Joint Ventures on Industrial Rates of Return: A Pooled Cross-Section Analysis, 1964-1975," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(2), pages 293-98, May.
- Teece, David J., 1993.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Mitchell, Will & Singh, Kulwant, 1992. "Incumbents' use of pre-entry alliances before expansion into new technical subfields of an industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 347-372, August.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-98, December.
- Mariti, P & Smiley, R H, 1983. "Co-Operative Agreements and the Organization of Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 437-51, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0821. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.