Explanatory and prediction power of two macro models. An application to van-involved accidents in Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, Andrew & Scott, Andrew, 1994. "Seasonality in Dynamic Regression Models," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1324-1345, November.
- Maravall, Agustin, 1985. "On Structural Time Series Models and the Characterization of Components," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 350-355, October.
- Grabowski, David C. & Morrisey, Michael A., 2006. "Do higher gasoline taxes save lives?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 51-55, January.
- Frits Bijleveld & Jacques Commandeur & Phillip Gould & Siem Jan Koopman, 2008.
"Model-based measurement of latent risk in time series with applications,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(1), pages 265-277.
- Frits Bijleveld & Jacques Commandeur & Phillip Gould & Siem Jan Koopman, 2005. "Model-based Measurement of Latent Risk in Time Series with Applications," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-118/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Antonio García-ferrer & Aránzazu De Juan & Pilar Poncela, 2007. "The relationship between road traffic accidents and real economic activity in Spain: common cycles and health issues," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 603-626.
- Gaudry, Marc & Himouri, Slimane, 2013. "DRAG-ALZ-1, a first model of monthly total road demand, accident frequency, severity and victims by category, and of mean speed on highways, Algeria 1970–2007," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 66-78.
- Frits Bijleveld & Jacques Commandeur & Siem Jan Koopman & Kees van Montfort, 2010. "Multivariate non-linear time series modelling of exposure and risk in road safety research," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 59(1), pages 145-161.
- Loeb, Peter D. & Clarke, William A., 2007. "The determinants of truck accidents," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 442-452, July.
- Garcia-Ferrer, A. & de Juan, A. & Poncela, P., 2006. "Forecasting traffic accidents using disaggregated data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 203-222.
More about this item
KeywordsTraffic accidents; DRAG; Unobserved components model; Box–Cox transformation; Autoregressive errors; Crash prediction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:32:y:2014:i:c:p:203-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.