Do higher gasoline taxes save lives?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chouinard, Hayley & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2004.
"Incidence of federal and state gasoline taxes,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 55-60, April.
- Chouinard, Hayley & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2003. "Incidence of Federal and State Gasoline Taxes," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5q74052d, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Ted Gayer, 2004. "The Fatality Risks of Sport-Utility Vehicles, Vans, and Pickups Relative to Cars," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 103-133, March.
- David C. Grabowski & Michael A. Morrisey, 2004. "Gasoline prices and motor vehicle fatalities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 575-593.
- Dee, Thomas S., 1999. "State alcohol policies, teen drinking and traffic fatalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 289-315, May.
- Paul R. Portney & J. Paul Leigh & James T. Wilkinson, 1991. "The effect of gasoline taxes on highway fatalities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 474-481.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agostini, Claudio A. & Jiménez, Johanna, 2015. "The distributional incidence of the gasoline tax in Chile," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 243-252.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2015.
"Gasoline Prices And Road Fatalities: International Evidence,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(3), pages 1437-1450, July.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2014. "Gasoline Prices and Road Fatalities: International Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 2014-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Dadashova, Bahar & Ramírez Arenas, Blanca & McWilliams Mira, José & Izquierdo Aparicio, Francisco, 2014. "Explanatory and prediction power of two macro models. An application to van-involved accidents in Spain," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 203-217.
- Guangqing Chi & Jeremy Porter & Arthur Cosby & David Levinson, 2009. "The Impact of Gasoline Price Changes on Traffic Safety: a Time Geography Explanation," Working Papers 000092, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Gaudry, Marc & de Lapparent, Matthieu, 2013. "Part 3. Multivariate road safety models: Future research orientations and current use to forecast performance," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 38-56.
- Kwon, Youngsun & Han, Seung Hun & Nam, Changi, 2012. "Estimating the costs of political populism: Traffic violation pardons in Korea," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1449-1457.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Hughes, Jonathan E. & Kaffine, Daniel, 2013.
"Carpooling and driver responses to fuel price changes: Evidence from traffic flows in Los Angeles,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 41-56.
- Antonio M. Bento & Jonathan E. Hughes & Daniel T. Kaffine, 2012. "Carpooling and Driver Responses to Fuel Price Changes: Evidence from Traffic Flows in Los Angeles," Working Papers 2012-06, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gaudry, Marc & Himouri, Slimane, 2013. "DRAG-ALZ-1, a first model of monthly total road demand, accident frequency, severity and victims by category, and of mean speed on highways, Algeria 1970–2007," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 66-78.
- Gaudry, Marc & de Lapparent, Matthieu, 2013. "Part 2. Beyond single-outcome models: Decompositions of aggregate and disaggregate road safety risk," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 20-37.
- Montag, Josef, 2015.
"The simple economics of motor vehicle pollution: A case for fuel tax,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 138-149.
- Montag, Josef, 2015. "The Simple Economics of Motor Vehicle Pollution: A Case for Fuel Tax," MPRA Paper 64524, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Montag, Josef, 2015. "The Simple Economics of Motor Vehicle Pollution: A Case for Fuel Tax," MPRA Paper 64398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2014. "Shedding light on the appropriateness of the (high) gasoline tax level in Germany," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 189-210.
- Bisakha Sen & Christine M. Campbell, 2010. "Alcohol Prevalence, Alcohol Policies, And Child Fatal Injury Rates From Motor Vehicle Crashes," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 392-405, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:90:y:2006:i:1:p:51-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.