Part 2. Beyond single-outcome models: Decompositions of aggregate and disaggregate road safety risk
The second part of the state-of-the-art focuses on the development of the founders' double streams explaining single-outcome indicators (probability of accidents and fatalities, respectively) by fixed form regression, as outlined in the Part 1. Following Page (1997, pp. 67–122, 2001) and others, we use as turning point of the evolution of both aggregate and discrete approaches the DRAG-1 model of 1984, itself based on aggregate data, which introduced four key innovations in principle applicable to both streams.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 37 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murat K. Munkin & Pravin K. Trivedi, 1999. "Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of multivariate mixed-Poisson regression models, with application," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(1), pages 29-48.
- Bolduc, Denis & Bonin, Sylvie & Lee-Gosselin, Martin, 2013. "A disaggregated tool for evaluation of road safety policies," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 79-98.
- David C. Grabowski & Michael A. Morrisey, 2004. "Gasoline prices and motor vehicle fatalities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 575-593.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1975. "The Effects of Automobile Safety Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 677-725, August.
- Fortin, N., 1989.
"A Unified Theory Of Aggregation: Similarity And Separability Reconsidered,"
Cahiers de recherche
8908, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Fortin, N., 1989. "A Unified Theory of Aggregation: Similarity and Separability Reconsidered," Cahiers de recherche 8908, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Boyer, M. & Dionne, G., 1985.
"La Tarification de L'assurance Automobile et les Incitations a la Securite Routiere: une Etude Empirique,"
Cahiers de recherche
8553, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marcel Boyer & Georges Dionne, 1986. "La tarification de l'assurance automobile et les incitations à la sécurité routière: Une étude empirique," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(III), pages 293-321, September.
- Gaudry, Marc & Himouri, Slimane, 2013. "DRAG-ALZ-1, a first model of monthly total road demand, accident frequency, severity and victims by category, and of mean speed on highways, Algeria 1970–2007," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 66-78.
- Grabowski, David C. & Morrisey, Michael A., 2006. "Do higher gasoline taxes save lives?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 51-55, January.
- Dagenais, Marcel G. & Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Liem, Tran Cong, 1987. "Urban travel demand: The impact of Box-Cox transformations with nonspherical residual errors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 443-477, December.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Crandall, Robert W & Graham, John D, 1984. "Automobile Safety Regulation and Offsetting Behavior: Some New Empirical Estimates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 328-31, May.
- Boyer, Marcel & Dionne, Georges, 1987.
"The economics of road safety,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 413-431, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:37:y:2013:i:1:p:20-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.