Customer choice patterns in passenger rail competition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivaldi, Marc & Seabright, Paul, 2003. "The Economics of Passenger Rail Transport: A Survey," IDEI Working Papers 163, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Åsa Lofgren, 2006.
"Airline choice, switching costs and frequent flyer programmes,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(13), pages 1469-1475.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Löfgren, Åsa, 2004. "Airline choice, switching costs and frequent flyer programs," Working Papers in Economics 123, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Farrell, Joseph & Klemperer, Paul, 2007.
"Coordination and Lock-In: Competition with Switching Costs and Network Effects,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
- Farrell, Joseph & Klemperer, Paul, 2006. "Coordination and Lock-In: Competition with Switching Costs and Network Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 5798, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Farrell, Joseph & Klemperer, Paul, 2006. "Coordination and Lock-In: Competition with Switching Costs and Network Effects," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt9n26k7v1, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell & Paul Klemperer, 2006. "Co-ordination and Lock-in: Competition with Switching Costs and Network Effects," Economics Papers 2006-W07, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Chen, Ching-Fu & Chang, Yu-Ying, 2008. "Airline brand equity, brand preference, and purchase intentionsâ€”The moderating effects of switching costs," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 40-42.
- Joseph Farrell & Carl Shapiro, 1988.
"Dynamic Competition with Switching Costs,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(1), pages 123-137, Spring.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Dynamic Competition with Switching Costs," Economics Working Papers 8865, University of California at Berkeley.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Dynamic Competition with Switching Costs," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1h02g9q4, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, March.
- Paul Klemperer, 1995. "Competition when Consumers have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 515-539.
- Samuelson, William & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1988. "Status Quo Bias in Decision Making," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 7-59, March.
- Marc Ivaldi & Catherine Vibes, 2008.
"Price Competition in the Intercity Passenger Transport Market: A Simulation Model,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(2), pages 225-254, May.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2007. "Price Competition in the Intercity Passenger Transport Market : A Simulation Model," IDEI Working Papers 457, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- P.B. Goodwin, 1977. "Habit and Hysteresis in Mode Choice," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 14(1), pages 95-98, February.
- Tae H. Oum & Waters, W.G. & Jong Say Yong, 1990. "A survey of recent estimates of price elasticities of demand for transport," Policy Research Working Paper Series 359, The World Bank.
- Arne Risa Hole, 2007. "Fitting mixed logit models by using maximum simulated likelihood," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(3), pages 388-401, September.
- RomÃ¡n, ConcepciÃ³n & Espino, Raquel & MartÃn, Juan Carlos, 2007. "Competition of high-speed train with air transport: The case of Madridâ€“Barcelona," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 277-284.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, April.
- Friebel Guido & Niffka Marko, 2009. "The Functioning of Inter-modal Competition in the Transportation Market: Evidence from the Entry of Low-cost Airlines in Germany," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Behrens, Christiaan & Pels, Eric, 2012. "Intermodal competition in the London–Paris passenger market: High-Speed Rail and air transport," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 278-288.
- Christiane Warnecke & Georg Goetz, 2012. "Offener Marktzugang im europäischen Schienenpersonenverkehr: Erfahrungen aus der Wettbewerbsentwicklung," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 81(1), pages 111-130.
- John Preston, 2009. "Competition for Long Distance Passenger Rail Services: The Emerging Evidence," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2009/23, OECD Publishing.
- David Hensher & William Greene, 2003. "The Mixed Logit model: The state of practice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 133-176, May.
- Mark Bradley, 2009. "Important Stated Preference Experimental Design Issues in Recent Transportation Applications," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5), pages 657-663, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Passenger; Rail; Transport; Discrete choice; Multinomial Logit;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:50:y:2013:i:c:p:209-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.