Treatment of reference alternatives in stated choice surveys for air travel choice behaviour
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, May.
- Proussaloglou, Kimon & Koppelman, Frank S., 1999. "The choice of air carrier, flight, and fare class," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 193-201.
- Hess, Stephane & Adler, Thomas & Polak, John W., 2007. "Modelling airport and airline choice behaviour with the use of stated preference survey data," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 221-233, May.
- Chris Starmer, 2000. "Developments in Non-expected Utility Theory: The Hunt for a Descriptive Theory of Choice under Risk," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 332-382, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stathopoulos, Amanda & Hess, Stephane, 2012. "Revisiting reference point formation, gains–losses asymmetry and non-linear sensitivities with an emphasis on attribute specific treatment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1673-1689.
- Grimme, Wolfgang, 2011. "The growth of Arabian airlines from a German perspective â€“ A study of the impacts of new air services to Asia," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 333-338.
- Gao, Yi & Koo, Tay T.R., 2014. "Flying Australiaâ€“Europe via China: A qualitative analysis of the factors affecting travelers' choice of Chinese carriers using online comments data," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 23-29.
- Masiero, Lorenzo & Rose, John M., 2013.
"The role of the reference alternative in the specification of asymmetric discrete choice models,"
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 83-92.
- Lorenzo Masiero & John M. Rose, 2011. "The role of the reference alternative in the specification of asymmetric discrete choice models," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1104, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Sotirios Thanos & Mark Wardman & Abigail Bristow, 2011. "Valuing Aircraft Noise: Stated Choice Experiments Reflecting Inter-Temporal Noise Changes from Airport Relocation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(4), pages 559-583, December.
- Aravena, Claudia & Martinsson, Peter & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2014. "Does money talk? — The effect of a monetary attribute on the marginal values in a choice experiment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 483-491.
- Balbontin, Camila & Hensher, David A. & Collins, Andrew T., 2017. "Integrating attribute non-attendance and value learning with risk attitudes and perceptual conditioning," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 172-191.
- Hess, Stephane & Adler, Thomas, 2011. "An analysis of trends in air travel behaviour using four related SP datasets collected between 2000 and 2005," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 244-248.
- Merkert, Rico & Beck, Matthew, 2017. "Value of travel time savings and willingness to pay for regional aviation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 29-42.
- Usami, Munekatsu & Manabe, Masashi & Kimura, Shin, 2017. "Airport choice and flight connectivity among domestic and international passengers â€“ Empirical analysis using passenger movement survey data in Japan," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 15-20.
- Amanda Stathopoulos & Stephane Hess, 2011. "Referencing, Gains-Losses Asymmetry And Non-Linear Sensitivities In Commuter Decisions: One Size Does Not Fit All!," Working Papers 0511, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2011.
- Nicolau, Juan Luis, 2011. "Testing prospect theory in airline demand," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 241-243.
- Hess, Stephane, 2010. "Evidence of passenger preferences for specific types of airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 191-195.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete choice; Logit; Air travel behaviour; Stated choice; Stated preference;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:14:y:2008:i:5:p:275-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .