Regulating a monopoly with universal service obligations: The role of flexible tariff schemes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Manuel Willington & Jorge Lining, 2009. "Regulating a Monopoly with Universal Service Obligation: The Role of Flexible Tariff Schemes," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv239, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sappington, David E M & Sibley, David S, 1988. "Regulating without Cost Information: The Incremental Surplus Subsidy Scheme," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(2), pages 297-306, May.
- Bertoletti, Paolo & Poletti, Clara, 1997. "Welfare effects of discriminatory two-part tariffs constrained by price caps," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 293-298, November.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- Foros, Oystein & Kind, Hans Jarle, 2003. "The Broadband Access Market: Competition, Uniform Pricing and Geographical Coverage," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 215-235, May.
- David Sibley, 1989. "Asymmetric Information, Incentives and Price-Cap Regulation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(3), pages 392-404, Autumn.
- Manuel Willington & Fabián Basso, 2006. "Regulación, Cobertura y Competencia en el Mercado de la Banda Ancha," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv177, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Vogelsang, Ingo, 1989. "Two-part tariffs as regulatory constraints," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 45-66, June.
- Steffen Hoernig, 2006.
"Should uniform pricing constraints be imposed on entrants?,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 199-216, August.
- Hoernig, Steffen, 2005. "Should Uniform Pricing Contraints be Imposed on Entrants?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5052, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael H. Riordan, 1984. "On Delegating Price Authority to a Regulated Firm," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(1), pages 108-115, Spring.
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Hoernig, Steffen & Barros, Pedro P, 2002.
"Universal Service and Entry: The Role of Uniform Pricing and Coverage Constraints,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 169-190, March.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Hoernig, Steffen & Valletti, Tommaso, 2001. "Universal Service and Entry: the Role of Uniform Pricing and Coverage Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 2789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Loeb, Martin & Magat, Wesley A, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 399-404, October.
- Mirabel, F. & Poudou, J.-C. & Roland, M., 2009. "Universal service obligations: The role of subsidization schemes," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Vogelsang, Ingo, 1990. "Optional two-part tariffs constrained by price caps," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 287-292, July.
- Mark Armstrong & John Vickers, 1991. "Welfare Effects of Price Discrimination by a Regulated Monopolist," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 571-581, Winter.
More about this item
KeywordsMonopoly regulation; Network utilities; Universal service obligation; Non-linear tariffs;
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:38:y:2014:i:1:p:32-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .