Why did the historical energy forecasting succeed or fail? A case study on IEA's projection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo, 2014.
"Forecasting the oil–gasoline price relationship: Do asymmetries help?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(S1), pages 44-56.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Working Papers 2014.21, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the oil-gasoline price relationship: should we care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Working Papers 269, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care About the Rockets and the Feathers?," IEFE Working Papers 62, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Andrea BASTIANIN & Marzio GALEOTTI & Matteo MANERA, 2015. "Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Departmental Working Papers 2015-23, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Simoes, Sofia & Fortes, Patrícia & Seixas, Júlia & Huppes, Gjalt, 2015. "Assessing effects of exogenous assumptions in GHG emissions forecasts – a 2020 scenario study for Portugal using the Times energy technology model," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 221-235.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2007.
"The rationality of EIA forecasts under symmetric and asymmetric loss,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 102-121, May.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2005. "The Rationality of EIA Forecasts under Symmetric and Asymmetric Loss," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2ts415ts, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Herrnstadt, Evan & Morgenstern, Richard, 2009.
"Understanding errors in EIA projections of energy demand,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 198-209, August.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Herrnstadt, Evan & Morgenstern, Richard D., 2008. "Understanding Errors in EIA Projections of Energy Demand," Discussion Papers dp-08-54, Resources For the Future.
- Linderoth, Hans, 2002. "Forecast errors in IEA-countries' energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 53-61, January.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Kilian, Lutz & Lee, Thomas K., 2014.
"Are there gains from pooling real-time oil price forecasts?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(S1), pages 33-43.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Kilian, Lutz & Lee, Thomas K, 2014. "Are there Gains from Pooling Real-Time Oil Price Forecasts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiane Baumeister & Lutz Kilian & Thomas K. Lee, 2014. "Are There Gains from Pooling Real-Time Oil Price Forecasts?," Staff Working Papers 14-46, Bank of Canada.
- Laitner, J. A. & DeCanio, S. J. & Koomey, J. G. & Sanstad, A. H., 2003. "Room for improvement: increasing the value of energy modeling for policy analysis," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 87-94, June.
- Fye, Shannon R. & Charbonneau, Steven M. & Hay, Jason W. & Mullins, Carie A., 2013. "An examination of factors affecting accuracy in technology forecasts," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(6), pages 1222-1231.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Boris, Keith, 2008. "Accuracy and efficiency in the U.S. Department of Energy's short-term supply forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1192-1207, May.
- Jonathan Koomey & Paul Craig & Ashok Gadgil & David Lorenzetti, 2003. "Improving Long-Range Energy Modeling: A Plea for Historical Retrospectives," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 75-92.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Huntington, Hillard G., 2011. "Backcasting U.S. oil demand over a turbulent decade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5674-5680, September.
- O'Neill, Brian C. & Desai, Mausami, 2005. "Accuracy of past projections of US energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 979-993, May.
- Utgikar, V.P. & Scott, J.P., 2006. "Energy forecasting: Predictions, reality and analysis of causes of error," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3087-3092, November.
- Baghestani, Hamid, 2015. "Predicting gasoline prices using Michigan survey data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 27-32.
- Chang, Yusang & Lee, Jinsoo & Yoon, Hyerim, 2012. "Alternative projection of the world energy consumption-in comparison with the 2010 international energy outlook," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 154-160.
- Winebrake, James J. & Sakva, Denys, 2006. "An evaluation of errors in US energy forecasts: 1982-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3475-3483, December.
- Lady, George M., 2010. "Evaluating long term forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 450-457, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:appene:v:202:y:2017:i:c:p:597-617 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:220:y:2018:i:c:p:138-153 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy demand; Medium-to-long term prediction; Forecast error; Social development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:107:y:2016:i:c:p:90-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.